Popping the Rotorburn cherry

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
I know it isn't cool to glorify wounds, and injuries should be taken seriously, but as stupid as I feel I have to say I am a little proud of my first ever rotorburn.

The first time I heard the term I thought 'How stupid would you have to be'? Well, stupid enough to try and grab the back wheel between your legs while you adjust your seatpost height after a long descent (insert sizzling here).

Attachments

Last edited:

mittagongmtb

Likes Dirt
We'll all want one like that now....... A mark of a true rotorburner. Just take an old rotor, heat it up in your favourite furnace/fireplace/oxy torch and apply to bare skin. Will be interesting where people place them - photos please..... :D

leftykonashred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We'll all want one like that now....... A mark of a true rotorburner. Just take an old rotor, heat it up in your favourite furnace/fireplace/oxy torch and apply to bare skin. Will be interesting where people place them - photos please..... :D
hhhmmmmmm
Do i hear a wager

puffnfresh40

Likes Dirt
haha did that the other day, was doing a steep track and my headset come loose and wrapped my legs around the wheel, and rotor, to adjust the bars. regret that! your rotors get so hot

Dj Boi

Likes Dirt
Ouch looks bad, i had that happen to me a few years back with a scooter after a big hill i picked it up on the brake who knows why and had that over my whole hand.

hahaha i went down this ridiculously big hill with my brakes on the disk went blue and warped i didn't notice until it touched my leg and i heard it burning:p

callum1

Likes Dirt
wow. i thought rotor burn meant the burning in your legs, when you pedal real hard...really missed the mark there