Poor finacial decision mean I'm building a Focus Sam

Anthony B

Likes Dirt
Fair enough.

Rad build btw mate.
Thank man

so the last bits are on their way xt brakes ordered, waiting on my headset, got tyres today along with a intrim seat post(will get a dropper soon), seat arrived today. The headset is the last piece I need to assemble most of the bike.

Went a dhf front tyre along with a minion ss rear will be good to see how the ss performs

Anthony B

Likes Dirt
Looking pretty sweet, must be killing you not being able to ride it.
Thanks man I've ridden it up & down the street, & done wheelies like a big kid ruined my shoes stopping though. Crossing my fingers I can get the brakes done tomorrow then while ride the wheels off it

Gerokit

Likes Bikes
Now it's time to leave your room... Get it outside and take some photos in the daylight. Did your LBS put the headset in or you? Any special tools to put them in?

Anthony B

Likes Dirt
Now it's time to leave your room... Get it outside and take some photos in the daylight. Did your LBS put the headset in or you? Any special tools to put them in?
One photo in the light for now

It was tapped into place at home, little bit of grease, flat piece of wood, & a teflon hammer. For the lower bearing race was a piece of pipe just big enough to rest on the race, same teflon hammer, & a beer. Alternatively option headset tool $50 -$250, option 3 was I use the 30t press I have in the shed but there was mosquitos out in numbers last night & involved cleaning off the bench.

Anthony B

Likes Dirt
Maiden ride, loving it. The bike is snappy & responsive, & chucks into corners(rate the minion dhf & minion ss combo). My only want is a dropper post which is coming shortly

Anthony B

Likes Dirt
Post ride out at Camden, I'm loving this bike

Racked up 42km's of riding since Sunday(for me thats a lot) was 42km's of smiles except the moments where my talent ran out & I found the ground, or shoulder charged several trees

teK--

Eats Squid
Sounds awesome m8 great to see it's finally hittin dirt!

The bars doesn't really do anything for me but the rest looks great.

Keep an eye on that Mini G3 they crack easily at the jockey wheel mine was gone after first ride and I didn't hit anything.

Anthony B

Likes Dirt
Loving the build mate! How tall are you? How Did you find the sizing? Climb well?
Hey mate, I'm just on 6ft the large fits me perfectly(almost mirrors my previous large sight). Climbs great though I wish I had my dropper post already but they is just a minor inconvenience, even with the minion SS on the rear it is happy to climb with the shock & fork on the trail setting(locked out it feels like a hardtail climbing)

kl3ggy

Likes Dirt
Hey mate, I'm just on 6ft the large fits me perfectly(almost mirrors my previous large sight). Climbs great though I wish I had my dropper post already but they is just a minor inconvenience, even with the minion SS on the rear it is happy to climb with the shock & fork on the trail setting(locked out it feels like a hardtail climbing)
Awesome! Im just on 6'2" and found the my large sight to be adequate, but definetly not roomy. Wondering if the an XL would be the go?

iUDEX_nCr

Likes Dirt
Post ride out at Camden, I'm loving this bike

Racked up 42km's of riding since Sunday(for me thats a lot) was 42km's of smiles except the moments where my talent ran out & I found the ground, or shoulder charged several trees
Awesome looking bike mate!

haha, glad I'm not the only one who shoulder charges trees...

Anthony B

Likes Dirt
Have these got a water bottle mount anywhere?
no bottle mount spots integrated on the frame, with the shock position you'd only be able to hang one under the downtube. I've always ridden with a camel pack so never though about bottles

kl3ggy

Likes Dirt
no bottle mount spots integrated on the frame, with the shock position you'd only be able to hang one under the downtube. I've always ridden with a camel pack so never though about bottles
Ya thought so. No big deal, I usually ride with a camelback with fresh water, and i little bottle with electrolyte. Guessed if it was going to be anywhere it would have been the under the downtube.

Hoping to have one of these within a week!