Poodle's slow train to nowhere - Transition Scout

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
...just a little upgrade - installed a cane creek double barrel air in line. Will take it for some very casual trail time today to test it out. It feels good rolling around the drive way. Currently it's set at about 25% sag, 1 click of hsr, ~35% of lsr, ~75% hsc, ~40% lsc. I haven't had a cane creek shock for plenty of years so am pretty keen on giving this a go. I was worried it wouldn't fit the frame but it did! Such happiness.

IMG20231230084733~2.jpg

Attachments

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
A quick ride report - the shock feels awesome! It was like floating on air. More details:

1) after a few laps of the dirt lumps I needed to put some extra pair in the shock. I screwed on my trusty $$$ Topeak shock pump and zzzzzzzzzzsssssssssssshhhhhhhit! Blew 150psi straight out of the fucking shock. The hose had come loose. Anyway O tightened that up and got my pump on again. Lucky I have so many useful items in my backpack. It's sitting at about 275psi now and this feels nice for rough and tumble on trail and over the dirt lumps. But I did see to blow pretty deep through the travel on the dirt lumps. I suspect that I'll go up a bit higher in psi and when the shock next goes in for a service I'll request as many token/bands as for be installed.

2) now running about 5% HSR and 20% LSR. I'd like it a bit snappier, but I know this shock isn't a snappy style of shock. I'm usually 1 clock off topping out. I need all the help I can get!

3) I didn't play with the compression. I probably could use this to stiffen up a little without reducing the float.

Overall it will be a pretty sweet ride with the new shock on there, even if it isn't perfect for my most common style of riding. Once back from Japan i am looking forward to properly testing this new set up out!