Poodle's slow train to nowhere - Transition Scout

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
You are indeed meant to thread cable ties through those holes.

I’m glad you went tranny over banshee, the spitty’s tt and seat get in the way worse than the scout.
You’ll get used to it though, glad you seem to enjoy it aside from seat niggles.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You are indeed meant to thread cable ties through those holes.

I’m glad you went tranny over banshee, the spitty’s tt and seat get in the way worse than the scout.
You’ll get used to it though, glad you seem to enjoy it aside from seat niggles.
Yeah it was heaps of fun to ride. Thanks for the info pre-purchase. I'll zing some zip ties on and see how it looks. Not sure what colour - blue orange yellow green red white clear black. Definitely not green until Christmas. Probably black because that is already everywhere. Yellow could look horrible or good. So hard to work out these big little things

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Upgrades...

I've changed seats. I'm now running an old DMR Stage 1 that I had in a box. It is slightly longer, but also has slightly longer rails allowing for a more set back position. It is also a lower profile. Reviews are good after a ride this afternoon which was almost exclusively on the local dirt lumps. I will run this seat for a while and see if I experience a lot less back door interference.

I needed to pick up a 34t front ring. The manual says it is the maximum size for the frame, even though I had no issue fitting a 36t ring and riding to the shop. I decided to risk about $10 on this Deckas gold ring from ebay. So far it works as expected and at only about $10 I am happy.

IMG_20200511_193914911~2.jpg

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
News just in...bikes current weight is 14.3kg. I was expecting 14-15kg but it seems fat to spell it out.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
To be fair it’s a hefty spec choice. Reliability comes at a price
I certainly didn't build it with keeping it light in mind. I could shave some grams with things like modern forks or weenie wheels even a change of crank, but then I'd likely have a bike I'd have trust issues with. I'm well pleased with the weigh when I am fondling it

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Upgrades....
I needed to pick up a 34t front ring. The manual says it is the maximum size for the frame, even though I had no issue fitting a 36t ring and riding to the shop. I decided to risk about $10 on this Deckas gold ring from ebay. So far it works as expected and at only about $10 I am happy.
i’ve had 2 deckas rings (32&34) just fold/bend teeth on me, one was so bad i couldn’t pedal home, the 38t one i have has been ok

Flow-Rider

Burner
I reckon a lot of the chainrings all come out of the same factory; just different CNC program cutting the profile out. I've bought a few of the Rockbros chainrings and I don't notice any difference to the more boutique brands that you pay over the moon for.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
i’ve had 2 deckas rings (32&34) just fold/bend teeth on me, one was so bad i couldn’t pedal home, the 38t one i have has been ok
It's certainly very different to the FSA that I had on there. But for such a small amount of cash I'm prepared to take the risk. If it lasts it shall be poodle approved. If it fails.. hopefully I don't get hurt!

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I've just had a bike come to me for repairs that had a bent deckas ring. Thought it might have been a one off till I saw your post.

Okie dokie, back to "snail" and "wake" for cheapo chainrings now

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I wanted to try a little more clearance on this set up. I haven't had any issues or near misses even, just felt I'd like to try something new. So I swapped the crank over with my Trid and am now running a Truvativ Descendant 165mm. As yet it is untested.

A tyre rotation for something more suited to the apparently rocky terrain I'm likely to encounter in Perth is due soon. Received new maXXXis minions yesterday.