POC Trabec

railit1

Likes Bikes
Hi all
Can anyone tell me where to purchase an Aus Standards POC Trabec? Theres plenty of references on the web about the release of it in Aus mid to late last year, but nothing i can find on where to purchase one. I've contacted the Aus distributor but no reply as yet.

I know i can purchase one from OS, but want the Aus standrards approved version.
Thanks

teK--

Eats Squid
Hey mate welcome to the club. To be honest I got so bloody frustrated trying to get this information from the Australian importer (Snowsports) and all I got was vague information like "go to your LBS" when I just wanted to know where to buy one!

In the end I bought the Bell Super. It is AS approved, cheaper, looks better (IMHO) and has better goggles support as well as Gopro mount.

railit1

Likes Bikes
Hey mate welcome to the club. To be honest I got so bloody frustrated trying to get this information from the Australian importer (Snowsports) and all I got was vague information like "go to your LBS" when I just wanted to know where to buy one!

In the end I bought the Bell Super. It is AS approved, cheaper, looks better (IMHO) and has better goggles support as well as Gopro mount.
Cheers mate
LBS definitely don't have them n stock, but might be able to get one in, I'll check it out. If that fails I might go the Bell, sounds good.
Thanks for the reply

ChopSticks

Banned
if you dont mind orange and large...Keven on here is selling one

one of the lightest, and most importantly...... BREATHABLE helmets ive ever worn.....shits all over th TLD A1 !!!

John U

MTB Precision
I think there was another thread on this. Word was that the importer didn't go through the Australian Standards process for this helmet because they didn't think it worthwhile. Or maybe there wasn't even anyone importing the bike stuff, they were importing snow stuff only.

I have seen people racing in them though. A couple were wearing them at the Barjarg round of the Yeti Elevation all mountain series. I don't think the Trabec has an Australian Standards pass yet. You would need to see if one of the other countries its' been approved in will suffice as an Australian Standards pass.

I like the look of the Trabec and have one of the POC snow helmets but the waters are cloudy enough for me to avoid getting a Trabec for cycling. I got the bright green Giro jobby for AM duties in the end. It's a good fit for my head and reasonably breathable.

stoo

Likes Dirt
At the price they're asking for a Trabec and in our small market I'm not surprised they didn't think it worthwhile, given the cost of compliance.
I have two Trabecs that I got a good deal on, ( 1 x race, 1 x standard ) they are Bonza, without question..........

John U

MTB Precision
Trabec were certified for AS around Q3 2013.
Cool. That other thread must've been prior to the cert. The Barjarg race was in Dec 2013. Does that mean that all trabecs pass AS? Or did the AS passed version have something special done to it apart from the addition of the AS sticker?

teK--

Eats Squid
Cool. That other thread must've been prior to the cert. The Barjarg race was in Dec 2013. Does that mean that all trabecs pass AS? Or did the AS passed version have something special done to it apart from the addition of the AS sticker?

only the ones imported by snowsports and have the sticker, are AS certified. changes were required to the retention and strap system to comply.

swaz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you want bell check out Anaconda. They recently had a sale and all their helmets for 40% off.

Sent from my some device using some program

MudRhino

Likes Dirt
Helley Hansen deals in the POC snow gear, and they were willing to get me a bike one late last year - so you can contact them. Not sure if the certification came through. I gave up in the end and bought one from over seas with MIPS for about $250 delivered. The ones in Australia wont have MIPS if they exist.

bootsandall

Likes Dirt
Insurance other than racing

If you have other insurance ie income, health, life.. they might require that your helmet has a AS sticker otherwise possiably no pay out!

nick_dales

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The Trabec Helmet is now Available in Australia. The Trabec Retails for $219.95 which is a significant saving over International sites. With AUS/NZ Certification your local bike shop can order the helmet through Snowsport International (02) 8203 4333.

Alternatively use the POC Sports Store Locator to find your closest POC dealer.

Become a fan of " POC Sports - Australia & New Zealand " on Facebook for all the latest POC info.

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The Trabec Helmet is now Available in Australia. The Trabec Retails for $219.95 which is a significant saving over International sites. With AUS/NZ Certification your local bike shop can order the helmet through Snowsport International (02) 8203 4333.

Alternatively use the POC Sports Store Locator to find your closest POC dealer.

Become a fan of " POC Sports - Australia & New Zealand " on Facebook for all the latest POC info.
wish the MIPS version was being imported

MudRhino

Likes Dirt
Trabec was not meant to be certified until 2014 - I was speaking to the importer and trying to order around about october last year.

I was also told the aus standards required that they make some minor changes to where the strap connects to the helmet so that it was lower.

As to if it ever past - I have no idea, as I got sick of waiting and bought the higher quality MIPS version from over seas for less than the base model they were releasing here.

Last edited:

marc.r

Likes Dirt
2012 models are on clearance at CRC

edit now out of stock... they were available yesterday i swear!

good price from the local distro relatively but they are still silly expensive compared to a fox or 661 lid.