Plush DH shuttles at Long Gully

Puppet Master

Likes Dirt
Hey Guys,

Track building Legend Benny Reynolds (he'l kill me for saying that!) Has been beavering away up at Long Gully, with the help of Pete and Juzzie Schryver and Shane Currie to some amazing additions to the thursday night track and they've opened up another track too.

To elebrate this Benny is starting up a new shuttle service. Plush Shuttle service has it's inaugural event on March 20 at Long Gully, have a look at the attached flyer for more details.

One more thing the planned lunch should be awesome!View attachment Plush Flyer March 20.pdf

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have they actually opened up the new track? I've seen a flyer saying that it's under construction. Great work anyways, pretty keen to check out the new additions!

a-line

Likes Dirt
Have they actually opened up the new track? I've seen a flyer saying that it's under construction. Great work anyways, pretty keen to check out the new additions!
There is a new track called "hardtail track" that is going atm. Super flowy track that spits you out in the direction of the first/original (circa 2005) track off camber grass turns. The track that is used on thursday nights is going, with a few changes after the road gap and im pretty sure benny and the crew will have the new under construction dh track finished.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
I'm currently working on a video to showcase the new track. It's open, and as for shuttles this thursday.....yes! It's on!

Shuttles will be running monthly to start off, and more frequent as it gets popular. There are also weekend away trips in the pipeworks.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Finally got it done. Just a quick edit of the new track. It's a whole lot of fun, flowy with nothing too hard.

[video=vimeo;21108229]http://www.vimeo.com/21108229[/video]

Last edited:

a-line

Likes Dirt
IMPORTANT INFO
PLEASE READ.......
Just got info from Benny regarding "insurance" and "day licences". Day licences will not be available for purchase on these days, you can still ride BUT it is highly reccomended that all riders have a current MTBA licence. Riders will be required to sign a waiver/release form before riding on the property.
****FULL FACE HELMETS ARE COMPULSARY****
It is also advised that you have ambulance cover.

A5P13

Likes Bikes
IMPORTANT INFO
PLEASE READ.......
Just got info from Benny regarding "insurance" and "day licences". Day licences will not be available for purchase on these days, you can still ride BUT it is highly reccomended that all riders have a current MTBA licence. Riders will be required to sign a waiver/release form before riding on the property.
****FULL FACE HELMETS ARE COMPULSARY****
It is also advised that you have ambulance cover.
Sweet, got ambulance cover and more than happy to sign a waiver.
If I hurt myself its my own fault and noone elses.

jacob123

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey, are any of the tracks at Long Gully suitable for smaller travel bike's E.G Stumpjumper, trance etc ?
there is an open level "hardtail track" newely opened that would be great. ive seen my friends ride the old race cours on a hardtail. i say why not!

A5P13

Likes Bikes
Just like to say thanks to all that made today possible.
Was awesome fun!

Very fast shuttles, great food, perfect weather.

So thanks very much and look forward to the next one for sure! :cool:

Alias08

Squid
Thanks to Ben and Co.

Awesome day today to everyone concerned.....My 42yo bones are aching in protest, but you can't wipe the smile off my face!

Great day, excellent turn around time for the shuttles, and FINALLY, someone who provides some food for riders, and great food at that!

Looking forward to the next one.