Pikes or argyles for what i do?

Ozza

Eats Squid
My pikes gave me grief and my argyles are fine. The steerers are the same on the lower model argyles than they are on the pikes! My alloy steerer is fkng sick on my arglyes i love them and havent had a problem.

IV heard that Sunday factorys snap when you huck them, iv heard sram x0 is 250grams heavier than x7. HEARD is a word these days, to alot of people it has no meaning without proof!

derelikt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd argue that 426's are better than 454, simply because they have a 4130 steerer.

How many broken Pikes have you seen (post 05...that means after ;) ) ?

I've not seen one. I've heard of a number of bent Argyles, never heard of any problems with Pikes, other than a broken Motion Control damper in ONE AIR model.
Ive never heard anything about Argyles, But i have seen cracked lowers on Pikes. But you know how stupid you sound saying the stuff in red?

Last edited:

Oliver.

Liquid Productions
The thing I don't understand is why so many people switched to Argyles, after riding Pikes without drama for a year? I can't see much advantage in a fork that is overall heavier than forks that are strong enough?

I've had a set of 426's for about a year now, unfortunately the internals are buggered up because oil keeps leaking out of the top cap, as i had to shave off a corner so it would fit my frame. because of this I am looking at an alternative set; but wouldn't really consider a downgrade in weight just yet.

Wait for 2008 and Marzo should be bringing out their killer new DJ series: light AND strong.

Ozza

Eats Squid
The thing I don't understand is why so many people switched to Argyles, after riding Pikes without drama for a year? I can't see much advantage in a fork that is overall heavier than forks that are strong enough?

I've had a set of 426's for about a year now, unfortunately the internals are buggered up because oil keeps leaking out of the top cap, as i had to shave off a corner so it would fit my frame. because of this I am looking at an alternative set; but wouldn't really consider a downgrade in weight just yet.

Wait for 2008 and Marzo should be bringing out their killer new DJ series: light AND strong.
You may of rode pikes drama free but that doesnt mean other people didnt. Argyles have reinforced lowers/crown for people who want to go that bit bigger with a front end built for the category they ride under.

DeeMax

Likes Dirt
Stuff the arguments and the poll, ARGYLES ARGYLES ARGYLES ARGYLES ARGYLES ARGYLES ARGYLES ARGYLES ARGYLES ARGYLES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ozza

Eats Squid
Stuff the arguments and the poll, ARGYLES ARGYLES ARGYLES ARGYLES ARGYLES ARGYLES ARGYLES ARGYLES ARGYLES ARGYLES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arguments... bahaha.
Yeh because that would proove and solve everything.... Fuckwit!

Oliver.

Liquid Productions
You may of rode pikes drama free but that doesnt mean other people didnt. Argyles have reinforced lowers/crown for people who want to go that bit bigger with a front end built for the category they ride under.
yeah thats just the thing; I've never seen a broken set, or heard of any complaints. I just always thought people got caught up in the marketing hype.

flognoffsky

Banned
FFS at the end of the day pikes are an all mountain fork..... they are not designed for heavy dj/street use where as argyles were specifically designed for that use so if you are a smooth rider use pikes if your a hack/fat cunt get argyles