Pike dual air: any good?

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Gday!
Thinking about a set of pikes. Tried the non 'talas' version and was happy with them.
Has anyone got dual air/travel adjust? Have you compared to non travel adjust?
Kinda torn between a 150 non adjust and 160 adjustable.
Yes... There is only 10mm difference, but dropping the front is kinda handy for techy steep climbs.
Wondering whetherto just man up and deal with it.

kl3ggy

Likes Dirt
Just man up and deal with it. A properly setup fork shouldn't need to be dropped. For really technical climbs I just click it over to the climb section. For everything else just leave it. No complaints here. Plus in my eyes more things to go wrong internally with the 160 drop versions. Non adjustable are a solid fork :D

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
I've got a dt swiss twinshot fork that drops 30mm, but kinda locks outs when dropped. Yes I use it, but only when the climb is long enough to justify. I'm pretty surprised it's not more common - sure is way more effective than a lockout

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just man up and deal with it. A properly setup fork shouldn't need to be dropped. For really technical climbs I just click it over to the climb section. For everything else just leave it. No complaints here. Plus in my eyes more things to go wrong internally with the 160 drop versions. Non adjustable are a solid fork :D
haha, i like it. Think i will go from 160 Talas now to 150 non-adjust. Cant see it really making much difference.

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
on a side note... there are too many farking knobs on bikes these days.
Riding a bike is like piloting the US Enterprise. "oh a climb! Quick drop the front and hit climb mode" "oh oh, a decent! better switch to decend and bring that travel back up!!"
I just want to ride my bike with an efficient suspension set up that doesnt need all these damn knobs.

omac

Likes Dirt
Iv got duel position Pikes but I only drop them & flick all the buttons for extra steep lung busting climbs. 95% of the time I leave the Pike's open & the shock in Trail.

SaabG

Likes Dirt
Then you don't ride in an area with steep enough climbs to justify the travel adjust. By your way of thinking geometry doesn't affect how a bike rides which of course is a silly statement. I'd love to see you take on some of the climbs in my local area without a steepish head angle/ travel adjust. You'd be hiking a bike for sure.

To the op. A friend of mine has the travel adjust version and he loves it. If it came in black I'd have one myself right now.

kl3ggy

Likes Dirt
Then you don't ride in an area with steep enough climbs to justify the travel adjust. By your way of thinking geometry doesn't affect how a bike rides which of course is a silly statement. I'd love to see you take on some of the climbs in my local area without a steepish head angle/ travel adjust. You'd be hiking a bike for sure.
lollerskates. Alrighty mate!

jbg

Likes Dirt
on a side note... there are too many farking knobs on bikes these days.
Riding a bike is like piloting the US Enterprise. "oh a climb! Quick drop the front and hit climb mode" "oh oh, a decent! better switch to decend and bring that travel back up!!"
I just want to ride my bike with an efficient suspension set up that doesnt need all these damn knobs.
Don't forget the dropper post too ;)