Photo-a-Day 21/6/2008

entombed

membarrrr
Ok lads.

First one is of Troy Brosnan over the last double at Eagle. A couple of Flashes 1/250sec at f4. All Style

Second one is of Isaac, an extreme hucker off veranda's. not sure of shutter but for you photogs its shot at iso 1600 at f1.4

Third one is home.. 2456. Sign at the headland reads. "If you dont live here, dont surf here" pfftt to localism i say. Pano with fisheye

Finally you be the judge, he made 100 bucks from it.

Attachments

Last edited:

tupper

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice stephen.
Thanks for keeping this alive with some great photos.
One of troy is hectic!

pavey

Likes Dirt
Awesome photos. Especially like the last one, has an really good mood about it.... makes you smile

Revell Rider24

Likes Bikes
ha ha flippen eh i would of done it for a 100 lol sweet pics that pic of "home" was really nice looks like a really nice place to live man

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hahaha I have those superman underware! Loving the first shot too, the kid has style by the bucketload!

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Nice ones, Stephen. That pano over the headland is great!

The new nikons can be shot at rediculously high iso's and still have clear photos.
Lol. I don't mean to be rude, but what you said just means absolutely nothing.

Regardless of what camera you have, the best way of preventing noise @ high ISO is proper exposure. If it's underexposed, the noise is more prevalent.

ISO 1600 is not really that high anymore, and with things like built in Noise Reduction in a number of cameras, is very manageable. I've recently found my new 40D to be more than capable at 1600, and even acceptable at 3200 (acceptable - not excellent). Cameras like the 1Ds, 5D and Noink D3 which have FF sensors naturally have comparatively excellent noise handling by virtue of the larger sensor size - hence the D3's ability (physical ability - whether it yields acceptable results is debatable) to shoot at ISO 25600 or whatever.

entombed

membarrrr
ISO 1600 is not really that high anymore, and with things like built in Noise Reduction in a number of cameras, is very manageable. I've recently found my new 40D to be more than capable at 1600, and even acceptable at 3200 (acceptable - not excellent). Cameras like the 1Ds, 5D and Noink D3 which have FF sensors naturally have comparatively excellent noise handling by virtue of the larger sensor size - hence the D3's ability (physical ability - whether it yields acceptable results is debatable) to shoot at ISO 25600 or whatever.
From what I have read pixel density has a big factor too. The 40D has more crammed into it than the 30D for the same physical size sensor.

Nettheim

Likes Dirt
Sick lets keep this idea going.
I'm liking the 1st shot at eagle. What lense was it shot with?(im guess a expensive L series lense:p) Will you be back down in Adelaide shooting the bennets race?

entombed

membarrrr
Sick lets keep this idea going.
I'm liking the 1st shot at eagle. What lense was it shot with?(im guess a expensive L series lense:p) Will you be back down in Adelaide shooting the bennets race?
70-200 2.8L NON IS version. I got it second hand for a steal at $1200 :).
No Bennets...

83AST

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Swet pics mate love troys whip and the superman pic for 100 bucks i would do it but im pretty desperate for money at the moment:(

Cippa

Likes Dirt
loving the last one! haha, i would do it for $100 anyday...
would hurt if he stacked though...haha
my faves that pano shot, looks awesome as

Sam.

Eats Squid
Nice shots stephen. I think I may have seen you at coffs. Were you shooting a 1d body with 70-200 when it started raining?