Phantom cycles

mayo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hi all,

i am posting this thread about phantom cycles,

i have dealt with kerry before, he's a top bloke.

prices are really competitive and service is better than any shop i have ever gone to.

and fast postage.

keep up the good work guys

**this is not an advertisement of their company, this is a merely a thank you to them**

downhiller_1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
mmm... its good to hear that bike shops still have the edge to help out the fellow riders... its good to hear but why do you have to post if on a forum for??? im pretty sure you could have just told them yourself and if anyone recommended a bike shop in the area then you could have said this... to me this sounds like advertising:confused:

mayo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i did tell them, im just posting this, for any riders who are looking for a good reliable bike shop for them to get in contact with kerry.

downhiller_1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i did tell them, im just posting this, for any riders who are looking for a good reliable bike shop for them to get in contact with kerry.
so every time i got to a bike shop and they are really friendly and nice to me i should post up a thread all about it

im sorry i just dont see a need for this thread

Jubas

Likes Dirt
Hrmm, i've just placed my first order with them Monday morning.. how long does it normally take to ship products?

(shoes + pedals)

JP

Likes Dirt
The missus ordered a fork for me and I got it the next day in the afternoon! Go Phantom!

MJS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've found them to be a bit hit and miss. My first order I won't even go into here, let's just say it was rather painful. That was about a year ago.
I did another order through them about a month ago and it was much better, I got the items within about a week.

downhiller_1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
people must also remember that the distrabuter and courior have alot to do with parts coming in on time... when i got my mongoose... it was sent on monday and in melbourne by wednesday but i didnt get it till the following thursday... when i got my replacement frame the sent it on wednesday and i got it on friday... my lbs (where i used to work)... always say 5 workking days for parts to come in... sometimes its longer sometimes shorter... with the current finacial crisis as it is some parts take weeks to come in...

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have also dealt with Kerry a few times and seems over the years have always ended up buying something or other from Phantom.
I wasn't in a rush for it but he express posted some brake cable to me, I think about 3 days to WA which is great, probably would have been overnight if I lived in Perth.
My most recent order was a spring for a domain which took a month or so, but as soon as he had it he posted it out, always replied to my emails (which I sent regularly asking if it was in yet and an eta).

More often than not people will post up when they're really peeved off with a certain store, so I don't see anything wrong with a props thread for a change, even if it does sound like advertising, bit hard not to though!

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
so every time i got to a bike shop and they are really friendly and nice to me i should post up a thread all about it

im sorry i just dont see a need for this thread
Why not. We're all happy to bag out poor service. Why not post good experiences? Who does it hurt?

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
KERRY_ YOUR THE MAN!!

would be my preffered bike shop, except its 1.5 hrs away.

bought a fair wack of stuff/bikes off him, and hes been fantastic.

even bought my bike into the north shore to drop off one time.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
I'd like to thank the guys at Insane cycles, top blokes, and doing lots for MTBing apart from selling stuff;)

shandrick

Likes Bikes
good to see theres still some good old top blokes out there to help the customer out unlike the big retail shop where you never have what u want :p

also like the make a shout out to extreme toys in stanmore
justin is a great bloke sorry they dont sell bikes but some awsome parts and some awsome motor skooters made by goped :)

they are unreal on the dirt:D

Phantom

Triffid Farmer
I've found them to be a bit hit and miss. My first order I won't even go into here, let's just say it was rather painful. That was about a year ago.
I did another order through them about a month ago and it was much better, I got the items within about a week.
I'm hearing you.
And NO excuses, it's something we should have seen coming 12 months before. (2007)
There were issues with our old software that created a massive bottleneck as order volume increased.
We bit the bullet and did a major software change to try and sort the problem of getting orders out faster.
Quoted 8 weeks.
Took 8 months.
It actually got worse for a while but turned around just before Xmas 08.
It's coming together now and we are shipping and processing in a fraction of the time.
There are still some bugs, but that should be addressed in the next update.

Kerry

Phantom

Triffid Farmer
people must also remember that the distrabuter and courior have alot to do with parts coming in on time... when i got my mongoose... it was sent on monday and in melbourne by wednesday but i didnt get it till the following thursday... when i got my replacement frame the sent it on wednesday and i got it on friday... my lbs (where i used to work)... always say 5 workking days for parts to come in... sometimes its longer sometimes shorter... with the current finacial crisis as it is some parts take weeks to come in...
This is something that a lot of consumers overlook when they lay the boot into their local.
It really is in some cases shooting the messenger.
Wholesalers don't always have stock.
Couriers can be random.
And the big one......Parent companies don't always give a rats a$$ about the Aus market.
It pains me to hear consumers dissing the local industry and talking up some parent manufacturers, when in fact it's often the parent manufacturers fault for bad supply.

K

MJS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm hearing you.
And NO excuses, it's something we should have seen coming 12 months before. (2007)
There were issues with our old software that created a massive bottleneck as order volume increased.
We bit the bullet and did a major software change to try and sort the problem of getting orders out faster.
Quoted 8 weeks.
Took 8 months.
It actually got worse for a while but turned around just before Xmas 08.
It's coming together now and we are shipping and processing in a fraction of the time.
There are still some bugs, but that should be addressed in the next update.

Kerry
Yes I thought it probably had something to do with your site/software upgrade that happened recently. Have to say I was rather impressed this time around, and I'm sure I'll be doing business with you again in future :)

I went in with a mashed rear DH wheel and they had the same mavic in stock and lased it on the spot.Cant ask for more than that

Binaural

Eats Squid
This is something that a lot of consumers overlook when they lay the boot into their local.
It really is in some cases shooting the messenger.
Wholesalers don't always have stock.
Couriers can be random.
And the big one......Parent companies don't always give a rats a$$ about the Aus market.
It pains me to hear consumers dissing the local industry and talking up some parent manufacturers, when in fact it's often the parent manufacturers fault for bad supply.

K
Well, I've found the service your shop offers excellent on several occasions and a bit remiss on one occasion (round about the time you mentioned your website was having problems). However, I recall on that occasion you sorted my complaint sharply when I contacted you about it, so that actually counts as a positive in an imperfect world, so thanks for all the good service :)