peugeot carbon bike how much?

Bobby_Digital

Likes Bikes
Hey! i have a carbon peugeot frame road bike my brother gave to me and said i could sell it if i diddent want it.
i do want it but it's just to small for me.

i have a friend who wants it but i just dont know what it's worth?

it's getting old now but has not been ridden in quite a few years, the frame is perfect, no cracks or anything.
it's got radial laced campag aero rims and spokes, mainly old shimano 600 groupset and campag brakes.

the only thing it need's to get it up and running would be a new seat, chain and cables and a goood service.

what do you think i could get for it?

cheers

...jim

skanky media ho
It's worth what someone will pay you for it.

As a bike it's not worth a whole lot - perhaps $200? Old carbon fiber is kinda scary - and there's plenty of better-than-600 specd bikes kickin' around the classifieds.

As a piece of history it might be worth a bit more to someone, if you can find the right buyer. If there's a bike shop in your area that has some classic old bikes hanging on the wall you might ask them for a clue or two.

Shrekmeister

Likes Dirt
with Shimano 600 on it, its 8 to 10 years old....as the Ultegra group replaced the 600

carbon frames generally have a life span of 5 years, before they are suspect to cracks and fatigue..

hence unfortunately it may well have had its day, unless someone wants a cheap bike to keep as a bike that stays on the home trainer, where the dangers of the frame cracking are minimal.....

Last edited:

DaGonz

Eats Squid
Shrekmeister said:
hence unfortunately it may well have had its done, unless someone wants a cheap bike to keep as a bike that stays on the home trainer, where the dangers of the frame cracking are minimal.....
Or for testing the aerodynamic properties of said peugot carbon frame whilst accelerating in a generally downward direction off geographically convenient observation platforms...

... where the dangers of the frame cracking are of even less of a concern.

one could also test the elastic properties of said carbon frame in the same process.

Cheers
Gonz - I think I should step away from a computer now....

Last edited:

Bobby_Digital

Likes Bikes
thanks for the info guys,

my brother has had the bike for around 8 - 9 years and i think he only used it once, and i have never had the chance to get on it.