perfect fox dhx 5 setup

Grantieboy

Likes Dirt
hey all
before anyone says its been covered a million times. i have searched and it wasnt conclusive.
i am 72 kgs 5'10" and ride a 08 giant glory(M). if it helps i have the bike setup with 66rcvs(probably changed to boxxers soon). i was just wondering for dh what is the best pressure, pro pedal setting, spring poundage etc for a track like ouriimbah. i have had this shock for a small amount of time and just wanted to get the best performance out of it and dont know whta to set it up at.

cheers Grant

mikietwohill

Likes Bikes
Yeah, i've had the same problem

Due to the number of adjustments available on the dhx5, myself and a few of my friends have had similar problems. Pretty much all i can do is tell you how i run it and see if this helps you at all. I ride a 07 glory dh(M), weigh about 75 kilos.
Boost valve: Recommended between 75psi & 200psi. I run it at around 120psi
Spring Rate: I run a 450pound titanium spring (Nukeproof)
Propedal: I seem to be constantly adjusting accoding to track
Rebound: I keep it pretty high as i like responsive
Basically just fiddle around until you find something you like the feel of. It worked for me even though i always seem to be changing things

Also, if you in the market for new forks i would highly recommend fox 40's. After almost 2 years there still going like new.

Rider15

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have an 08 glory my weight is 65kg-ish, I have a DHX4

I am running a 350Lb spring, with 140psi in the boost valve, no pro-pedal and about 8-9 click in from open rebound

nskz

Likes Dirt
I only have a DHX4 so i'm not sure how comparative the settings really are, however it's basically the same shock minus the bottom out control.

'09 DH1 - Medium, weight 72kgs
Spring - 350LB
Boost valve - 140psi
Pro Pedal - Usually about 7 clicks in from minimum (track dependent)
Rebound - 6-8 clicks in from minimum rebound (depends on what pro pedal/boost pressure i'm running)

A lot of these settings will depend a lot on how you ride, how you like your bike to feel and track etc but it might help in providing a baseline.

dirt_rider17

Likes Dirt
depending on what spring you have now you could go for a lighter spring if you are not bottoming out, for the rebound have a play with it and find a spot somewhere where its not going to buck you off but still is responsive enough for each bump you hit, i run my pro pedal all the way off and my bottom out resistance at a few turns with a 450 pound spring (have not bottomed out yet) and i am not that small of a kid 80-90kg;)