PEAT WINS REDBULL DOWNTOWN......Again

DOM

Eats Squid
Well you cannot beat Stikman for the latest on the news. When your the mechanic of Brian Lopes and you run your own website you kinda get alot of insider news!

All I'll say is Steve Peat wins again!
Visit STIKSANDSTONES.COM for Stiks words.
I should have the full press release soon once they send it out and ill post it up. The press release should have full results with racing news from the event. But until then Stik has enough to keep you out of trouble.

!!!!! AND TO ALL THE MUMS OUT THERE! THANKS FOR BUYING US LITTLE PIT BIKES WHEN WE WERE YOUNG AND THANKS FOR NOT FREAKING OUT TOO MUCH WHEN WE CAME HOME ALL BLOODY FROM TRYING TO CLEAR THE GUTTER ON OUR PIWI BIKES. !!!!

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL THE MUMS!

Although how many visit the site ??? get ya mum on here!
Im off to see me mum.

- DOM -

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
Saturday May 10, 2003.

DOUBLE WIN FOR ORANGE AT RED BULL DOWN TOWN

Former Global Racing rider Marielle Saner (SUI), riding an Orange 222, beat Anne-Caroline Chausson (FRA) into 1st place just 20 minutes before Steve Peat (GBR) won the men's race on his Orange under perfect skies here in Lisbon, Portugal. A huge crowd lined the streets 3 to 4 deep as a world class field took to the streets of the Lisbon's narrow and cobbled old town.

Global Racing's only rider here, Matti Lehikoinen (FIN), finished 17th in what was his first day on a new bike. "I had no time to test the new Orange 222 because of bad weather, and today was really my first day on the bike. I'm pretty happy though because last year at this event I was 9 seconds off Peaty's winning time, and today I am only 6 seconds off him, and the course was 10 seconds longer this year," said Matti in the Red Bull tent straight after the race.

Matti was also suffering a sore back after he and fellow 23 Degrees rider American Kyle Strait (who finished 16th today) were involved in a car accident yesterday, as innocent back seat passengers in a rental car that got hit from behind by a van doing 60km/h. "That was pretty crazy. I guess Kyle and I were very lucky. This guy just slammed us and the next thing we know there's glass everywhere."

Team Director Martin Whiteley commented on the event. "It was great seeing Brian Lopes doing downhills again, he was really smooth on both runs, but Peaty just nailed it on the final run. This is a brilliant venue and both Red Bull and the local organisers do an amazing job. I'm happy for Matti considering this is not his style of racing and his bike is untested. He's got two weeks of testing in Spain starting next week and he says he'll be ready to shoot for a top ten in Fort William at World Cup #1".

Men's Results:

1. Steve Peat (GBR) - Run 1 (1m 34.444s) & Run 2 (1m 32.788s)
2. Brian Lopes (USA) - Run 1 (1m 34.383s) & Run 2 (1m 33.979s)
3. Tomas Misser (ESP) - Run 1 (1m 35.165s) & Run 2 (1m 34.756s)
4. Cedric Gracia (FRA) - Run 1 (1m 38.694s) & Run 2 (1m 36.272s)
5. Bas de Bever (NED) - Run 1 (1m 38.410s) & Run 2 (1m 36.456s)
7. Greg Minnaar (RSA) - Run 1 (1m 36.984s) & Run 2 (1m 36.582s)
16. Kyle Strait (USA) - Run 1 (1m 39.582s) & Run 2 (1m 38.809s)
17. Matti Lehikoinen (FIN) - Run 1 (1m 39.524s) & Run 2 (1m 38.930s)

Women's Results:

1. Marielle Sanner (SUI) - Run 1 (1m 47.703s) & Run 2 (1m 44.527s)
2. Anne-Caroline Chausson (FRA) - Run 1 (1m 45.153s) & Run 2 (1m 45.756s)
3. Tracy Moseley (GBR) - Run 1 (1m 48.818s) & Run 2 (1m 46.568s)