TAS Parts for my new bike!!

Lucaw

Next in line
Item: 230x65mm shock
Price range/Willing to Pay: depending on shock, preferably swap for a 230x60 x2 performance
Extra Info: needs to function well and preferably not fox

Item: pressfit to threaded bb converter
Price range/Willing to Pay: you tell me
Extra Info: I like threaded bb’s

Item: Shimano hose with bolts both ends >1300nm
Price range/Willing to Pay: cheap
Extra Info: my current rear hose is too short

Item: 31.6 dropper post
Price range/Willing to Pay: hopefully less than $150
Extra Info:

Item:
Shimano 10 speed drivetrain bits
Price range/Willing to Pay: you tell me
Extra Info: I would like to try Shimano 10 speed

I also need wheels as per my other wtb ad.
Will add more as I go

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
@Lucaw bolt both ends brake hose being straight to straight connections, not straight to banjo?

What range cassette do you want for the 10 speed? I'll have a look what I have left in the spares when I get a chance (probably in the morning). In theory I should have everything, as long as I haven't donated it to my brother in law.

Lucaw

Next in line
@Lucaw bolt both ends brake hose being straight to straight connections, not straight to banjo?

What range cassette do you want for the 10 speed? I'll have a look what I have left in the spares when I get a chance (probably in the morning). In theory I should have everything, as long as I haven't donated it to my brother in law.
Yes straight each end
11-42 or greater would be preferred
I also need to get wheels before I can decide on freehub

Labcanary

Cool. Not sure I have anything greater than 11-40t and the derailleur I think I have spare is m786 so not suitable for 42t anyway. I have one of the m5120 deore derailleurs but it creaks. It works just fine, but the noise is infuriating.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
I may have a dropper but no lever. I'll check diameter. If it's the right size, it is a PNW Bachelor 170mm if you're interested.

EDIT: it's the right size. Let me know if you want more info/pics

Last edited:

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have a 230x65 Super Deluxe Select (no lockout, only rebound control) if that interests you for $200.

Lucaw

Next in line
I may have a dropper but no lever. I'll check diameter. If it's the right size, it is a PNW Bachelor 170mm if you're interested.

EDIT: it's the right size. Let me know if you want more info/pics
How much would you be chasing for it?
I’m not entirely sure I’m tall enough for a 170mm drop, as I need wheels and cranks to find out.

LPG

likes thicc birds
How much would you be chasing for it?
I’m not entirely sure I’m tall enough for a 170mm drop, as I need wheels and cranks to find out.
I will have a 150mm travel brand X aescent ready to go in a couple weeks if the 170 doesn't seem suitable. I think I have a suitable lever.

Labcanary

Hey @Lucaw sorry for the delay. Have been unwell and only just managed to shuffle out to the shed this morning.

What brakes are you running? I only have an ispecB SLX 10 sp shifter (with hardware - yay)
Got a Zrace brand 11-42t cassette, a lightly used KMC chain and the creaky m5120 derailleur. I can't seem to find the m786 derailleur I thought I had.

Slim pickings, it seems I've used up more parts than I thought. :confused:

Edit: I found the m786 derailleur I thought I had and the 11-40t cassette.

Last edited:

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I may have a suitable derailleur in my pile of spares. Not much Shimano 10-sp. is designed for bigger than 36T, although they can stretch to 40.

Lucaw

Next in line
Hey @Lucaw sorry for the delay. Have been unwell and only just managed to shuffle out to the shed this morning.

What brakes are you running? I only have an ispecB SLX 10 sp shifter (with hardware - yay)
Got a Zrace brand 11-42t cassette, a lightly used KMC chain and the creaky m5120 derailleur. I can't seem to find the m786 derailleur I thought I had.

Slim pickings, it seems I've used up more parts than I thought. :confused:

Edit: I found the m786 derailleur I thought I had and the 11-40t cassette.
I may have a suitable derailleur in my pile of spares. Not much Shimano 10-sp. is designed for bigger than 36T, although they can stretch to 40.
I think I’m good for drivetrain at the moment, but I’ll let you know if that changes

yuley95

I will have a 150mm travel brand X aescent ready to go in a couple weeks if the 170 doesn't seem suitable. I think I have a suitable lever.
To be honest @Lucaw this sounds like a good option if you think 170mm is too long. I’m happy to sell to you if you want the PNW but i had a brand x on the Mega recently and it was great. If it comes with a lever then yore all set

Lucaw

Next in line
To be honest @Lucaw this sounds like a good option if you think 170mm is too long. I’m happy to sell to you if you want the PNW but i had a brand x on the Mega recently and it was great. If it comes with a lever then yore all set
I do need to try, it’s done except for wheels. Once I have wheels I can check saddle height and go from there.
Hopefully I can find wheels soon

yuley95

I do need to try, it’s done except for wheels. Once I have wheels I can check saddle height and go from there.
No worries - let me know if you’re interested in the 170 and happy to chat price. You can always get a ZTTO lever pretty cheap to complete it… Good luck with the wheels

LPG

likes thicc birds
My advise is to go with the longest dropper you can fit. At 180cm tall I found I had a lot more room with a 170 compared to a 150 dropper. Going to a 210 dropper was less dramatic a difference but still significant