PaD VII 24-10-10- Sam91

Sam91

Likes Bikes
I know I'm early but I don't dare :p

Here's my first PAD, Happy with some and not with others; I really would have liked to have had my flash gear by now- you can blame Dragon image if you want :p Was a little indicisive so have two images for both Architecture and Riding. Enjoy!

1. Riding- As said, im indicisive and unfortunately I didn't get a chance to shoot any DH. The first I love but the guy right behind the rider I feel almost ruins the shot. Both taken at Browns Plains skate park in Brissy yesterday- second time shooting BMX and loving it!

2. Portrait- Shot this yesterday too, didint really get the chance to do a posed set up as I have been crazy busy with uni, but hey its still a portrait!

3. Mid-flight- This was the hardest one for me, again shot yesterday. This kid sure has some skills on a scooter!

4. Architecture This I loved the most considering I'm studying Archtecture at uni! Got to combine my love for photography and architecture in one :D. First is Brisbane City hall. Second is a facade of a building which everything behind has been demolished. Strangely there are 4 different "styles" to the one facade.

5. Dirty- Post gardening

6. Speed Not so sure about this one. I wanted to try something different from the typical car but not sure if this does it justice... how about you decide :D

Last edited:

Blythy

Likes Dirt
sweet snaps :) absoloutley loving the colour in the first shot.. and number 5, the texture of the dirt haha.. but really? a scooter :confused:

pharcyde

Likes Bikes and Dirt
.......This kid sure has some skills on a scooter!
Yeah but its still a scooter !! (Sorry couldnt help myself but fully grown men shouldnt be riding/supporting/participating in a childs activity!)

Apart from that ..............

GREAT P.A.D. Dude ... well done.

Sam91

Likes Bikes
Yeah but its still a scooter !! (Sorry couldnt help myself but fully grown men shouldnt be riding/supporting/participating in a childs activity!)

Apart from that ..............

GREAT P.A.D. Dude ... well done.
Cheers mate! Fully grown- that debatable, at 19 I'm still growing ;)
Should I add a disclaimer " I do not at all condone the riding or supporting of people riding scooters but for the sake of the criteria, heres a scooter!" :p

Ek155

Likes Dirt
Architecture and speed at the same spot! sneaky.
Other than that, 'speed' is an awesome shot, as well as 'dirt'.
Work on more interesting angles for your riding shots, and maybe not just fly-outs!

owen saul

Likes Bikes
Nice shots! but the one that i'm interested in is your profile picture.....
looks rather like some one i know.... is that a V10 i see with fox 40's? and a carbon troy lee designs helmet? hmmm yes very familiar......

Nice pics we can go riding after tech is done.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Dirt FTW!

Nice PAD Sam. The clock tower is nice but I'm not liking the halo around it.

Cheers

Hux

MJS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Though not a great shot, I do love the natural rim lighting in Portrait ! As 24alpha said, Dirty is fantastic, definately the highlight here.. the halo around the clock tower, overboard on HDR or rushed dodge/burn ? Great work all round :)

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Awesome shots! Also good to know there is another roborburnian studying architecture. Where are you studying at?

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cheers mate!!! Yeh studying at QUT in brisbane, yourself? Just finished second year!!
Sydney Uni, just finished my Bachelor - into masters next year. Hopefully getting an exchange to university of BC in vancouver next year *fingers crossed*