Pad 5 111109

hotazell

Likes Dirt
I was really looking forward to this Pad but work being the thief of all things enjoyable I have got to my day not as prepared or with shots I'm that happy with. Most are recent with the exception of the macro but I couldn't find any of the same mozzies on the weekend so archive will have to do. Anyhow here we go

1.Riding.

As we haven't been out to a downhill race recently I attended the Emancipate jam at Dulwich hill briefly around midday and so the light was harsh and the riders mostly chilling.

2.Landscape.

Most weekends I try to have a ride around Olympic Park and was having a coffee at the Armoury Cafe and the ferry came past creating an opportunity for a landscape type shot.

3. Macro

I love taking macro shots and have so many to choose from but not any recent ones. I haven't started bug hunting this year yet. The mozzie is an interesting one in that the larvae(the wrigglers in ponds and stagnant water) are cannabilistic on other mozzie larvae but the adults are nectar feeders.

4. Food

I don't think I've every knowingly taken a photo of food. But I believe the Irish class Guiness as an essential food. Taken last week in an Irish pub in Brisbane with my phone so not the best quality....

5.Free Choice

We recently went to the Scuptures by the Sea at Bondi and had a walk along looking at the sculptures some interesting some wasted on me. However along the way I noticed that the local signs had been exchanged for some artwork and this is an example of one of them.....

Thats it from me hope you all like. I will really have to step my game up for the next one as I think the quality has been exceptional so far well done guys.

Last edited:

neil thompson

Likes Dirt
Great shots big fella
The macro looks like a spider so so close and the colours wow can I borrow your lense awesome
We need that last one to keep walking up the mountains haha

Cheers Neil

hotazell

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the comments. Macro is fascinating but can be time consuming. But it is amazing what the magnification reveals.

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the macro one is sweet as!

landscape one is pretty cool too

i agree with you that the standard seems to be particularly high this time round!

hopefully mine doesnt dissapoint now