Out Of Room...

MDL

Likes Bikes
Hey just,

Just a smiple question. I was given a camel pack for a present which doesn't have a pocket in it. I have a sable pack which i have my modile, Co2 and C02 caniset, multi-tool and link.

I have jsut got some new tubes which are a little more heavy duty then the last and i can't quite fit then in the pack.

Am i able to tape the to the bike some how? I know that you can get a pack that goes just before the hand bars. Just wondering what other people do.

It's for a off road riding and i don't really want to get caught out with out a tube.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

MDL
(yes i am a bit new to this)

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
Spanky's got himself an underseat bag for spare tube, tyre levers, CO2 cylinders, and a couple of self adhesive tyre patches.... Means if he doesn't take his hydration bag... he's can still suffer another bloody puncture and get home..

there's one on each of his bikes too...

s

rone

Eats Squid
+1 for underseat bags. Most out of the way place to store stuff on a bike. Or you could try a storage bottle that fits in a biden cage.

MDL

Likes Bikes
Yeah may just have to look at a big under seat one. See what i can some up with.

I just fill if i'm going to use a Co2 it may as well be a new tube, in saying that i don't carry a pump around either.

MDL

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Do you really need the CO2 canisters? Does your bike have water bottle mounts? You can attach a mini pump on there pretty easily without tooo much of a weight penalty

MDL

Likes Bikes
Yeah it's a Specialized XC Comp, just put a bottle on there atm, do they go togerther or not (bottle and pump), on short rides i just use the bottle but i am finding that i'm out of water too quick and a bottles not big enough so it's no lose if i have to take it off.

Any pump you would recommend looking at ?

Have to see how small i can squize the tube down too. But that's not a bad idea really. I think if i loose the Co2 i could nearly fit it in. I'm going to look at a carmal back that's on the 1 day special from topordo 7 (starting in 30 min to have a look at details), but i think it's going to be at the other end of the scale, too big for general riding :-(.

It's just a pity that the one that i got given as a present doesn't have a pocket.

MDL

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Any pump you would recommend looking at ?
You can definitely go overboard and spend $60+, but at the moment I haven't found fault with my $23.99 Jet Black cheapo job. Sure it lacks a gauge which can be a pain, but for a cheap dual action pump I havent found any hassles.

If your stuck for space, you can probably get away with having the multi-tool inside your camel pack (floating loose next to the bladder), provided it doesnt have any sharp edges...

MDL

Likes Bikes
If your stuck for space, you can probably get away with having the multi-tool inside your camel pack (floating loose next to the bladder), provided it doesnt have any sharp edges...
yeah i will have to look at what i can fit were, my camel pack does have a small zipper section that i could put the multi tool and link in and then have the tube tyer and mobile in under seat bag.

The stupid 1 day sale was fora womens bag too , bugger. Still had to get a bladder though

U guys think of anything else i should be carrying?

MDL

Last edited:

Nmag

Likes Dirt
I find under-seat bags rattle. Tape your tube to the bike frame with "ClothTape" (from Bunnings). Your mobile should fit in the little zipper section of your bag. It sounds like you have one of those really little Camel back bags, you can fit a bit in the zipper section even though it is small.

Maybe take the bag back (to the shop they bought it from) and get the "Rogue" which is bigger.

MDL

Likes Bikes
It was a present, was going to go buy the one i want the week later, couldn't relly be rude and not use it.

MDL