Ourimbah DH track conditions?

J@se

Breezeway Bandit
Looking at going for a ride up there tomorrow.

Hows the track at the moment? We'd rather not root all the good work of the builders.

scuba05

Likes Dirt
It is friggen beautiful at the moment. Was up there on Friday, and the builders were doing some excellent work on some jumps at the top of the run.

I hadnt been up there for a good 6mths, and was pleasantly surprised by the amount, and quality, of the building that has been going on.

Track is in pretty good nick as well.

fairy1

Banned
A couple of mates were there today and I think it rained for a while, Adrian was saying the new work may still be soft so watch out and remember throw rocks at deros on motos!

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was up there yesterday, and the new stuff was soft as. Did 2 runs and left cause i didnt wqant to root the track.
Thanks to the builders tho, should be awesome fun when its bedded in.

MtbDjRidaSachaz66

Likes Dirt
Hopefully the CCOMTB Round this weekend won't be cancelled due to the rain? Yet again? I had a look at the Gosford weather forecast for this week and yeah... gonna be pissing down with rain for a bit with some possible showers here and there.

Well, we'll see what happens and fricken hope it doesn't get cancelled :)

Last edited:

SpecialFx

Likes Dirt
ive been there last saturday and the track was awesome,,
hopefully the 2nd run wasnt cancelled again due to rain..

MtbDjRidaSachaz66

Likes Dirt
Yup, looks it's going to get cancelled again, according to the weather forecast. The stupid rain is gonna be pissing down endlessly throughout the weekend.
:mad:
Why can't the rain just f*ck off?

Last edited:

.dan.

Likes Dirt
Yup, looks it's going to get cancelled again, according to the weather forecast. The stupid rain is gonna be pissing down endlessly throughout the weekend.
:mad:
Why can't the rain just f*ck off?
the bom says possible showers for sunday, not pissing down. it could end up being fine. they'll only cancel it if the new work hasn't compacted enough.

FINX74

Likes Dirt
Was up there today after work - doing a track inspection and the course is holding up well considering how much rain we have had. Hopefully we will get more sun then rain over the next 2 days.
I'll have saw knees by Sunday - praying....
Adrian.

MtbDjRidaSachaz66

Likes Dirt
the bom says possible showers for sunday, not pissing down. it could end up being fine. they'll only cancel it if the new work hasn't compacted enough.
Well lets hope so! If it gets cancelled I'm gonna go bang my head against a brick wall lol.

Oops, sorry for the double post..

T-Rex

Template denier
The other issue is the ability for the buses to safely get up the shuttle road.

Well lets hope so! If it gets cancelled I'm gonna go bang my head against a brick wall lol.
Me too!

Watch the threads here on Rotorburn, plus the club web site (link in my signature), we will announce the decision if the race is on or off on Saturday.

T-Rex

Template denier
1 may race cancelled

You probably would have gathered from the other thread, the race has been cancelled due to the wet conditions, the new work is very soft, and the shuttle road is very slippery.