Orange 225 prototype!

mty10@

Likes Bikes and Dirt
saw pics of them eirler in the year - so sick!

especialyy that build - drilled brake levers anyone? or how about the stem? :eek:

keldave1

Likes Dirt
The new straightline stuff look awesome as well. It seems to me that they made the 224 a ploughable bike.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Was this the one developed after someone had a few chainless runs on a 224 (or another model, can't remember) and discovered the chain was limiting the suspension functioning properly?

Looks awesome, real men ride pink

mullan2304

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Was this the one developed after someone had a few chainless runs on a 224 (or another model, can't remember) and discovered the chain was limiting the suspension functioning properly?

Looks awesome, real men ride pink
According to Dirtmag, the chainless runs resulted in an idler pulley being offered as an upgrade option and the links in the 225 are used to create a rising rate in the suspension towards the end of the travel rather than a falling rate.

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So after 8 years, Orange engineers needed a chainless run to work that out?

Welshy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Will these make less noise than the 224? :p
Hahaha, well its impossible for it to make more :p
It isn't the 224 that is renowned for the 'filing cabinet' description. The 222 had the thinnest walls of the three incarnations, and echoed like hell from any sort of noise on the trail. The walls got steadily thicker throughout the years, rendering the 224 much quieter.

It's still loud as fuck when certain people decide not to run chainstay protection though...

Calvin M

Likes Dirt
All I know is that Rick Boyer has his running buttery smooth!
Mind letting us in on your secret Ricky? ;)

Putting sound aside, they look bloody terrefic!
Like someone said run a good chain stay protector. I have a strip of stickerflex running along the bottom of the swing arm. And dont run your gear and brake cable inside the swing arm cable tie them along the top of it. Only thing I can hear on mine is the brake pads rattleing in the calipers.

A more progressive shock is all the 224 needed and the 225 is the answer.

Luke_99

Likes Dirt
I wonder when they are going to change the look of the frame. Over the past few years Orange have always looked the same in there frame design.
Hope to see a hole new frame design from Orange in the near future :rolleyes: