opinions please?? /New bike<<>>

CrazyM

Likes Dirt
:eek:

Ok guy's thanks for all ur input!! really really appreciated!

I've decided on (&thanks 2 "singlespeedfreeride" on the heads up) a -

NS Holy 1 - 2011 should (fingers crossed) get it early to mid Jan :D
-Things i would be changed will be cranks form WTP 2 some Profiles, New hubs Joytechx to NS rotary?? or profiles??? any thoughts?? + re-spoke of course to DT-Swiss and from mech. to hydraulic rear brakes.. 4 now ahahhaha

Have been told they will be selling the complete's in 24'' and/Or 26'' sizings...

Q.) - Which one would you guy's recommend and could you state as to why?:confused: (This should be interesting):cool:

Ok sounds like you have a good plan there. Profile a great cranks an a really good price atm. Which rotary are you looking at getting? I have the 2010 on and I have to say it is boss, I like it way better then my mates profile. It also has a pretty nice click to it ;) tbh if you are going to relace wheels might as well change the rims aswell so you dont have to do it again down the line. My 2c.

As for 26 vs. 24 argument, I am going to back 26. Simply because you have more options when it comes to parts, particually when it come to tyres, rime etc.

haha no probs man.

id got for a 26" for the same reasons. better selection of rims/tyres.

id check out ns hubs too, or if yourinterested theres a few hope pro 2s in the buysell area. easiest hub to service ever. all you need is an allen key and a rubber mallet and you can completely dissassemble the hub

CrazyM

Likes Dirt
Ok sounds like you have a good plan there. Profile a great cranks an a really good price atm. Which rotary are you looking at getting? I have the 2010 on and I have to say it is boss, I like it way better then my mates profile. It also has a pretty nice click to it ;) tbh if you are going to relace wheels might as well change the rims aswell so you dont have to do it again down the line. My 2c.

As for 26 vs. 24 argument, I am going to back 26. Simply because you have more options when it comes to parts, particually when it come to tyres, rime etc.
Hubs was looking at the NS Rotary Rear SS...
uumm was thinking that the rims were ok?? U get the NS Fundamental... no good??? or maybe MTX with the Rotary hubs...????

fundamentals are decent rims. if you havnt got spins dialled yet, keep them. better to trash a cheap rim than an expensive one. even if your comfortable spinning id still hold off on getting new rims, get used to the bike. switching to a new bike your always going to over/under rotate a bit

Hubs was looking at the NS Rotary Rear SS...
uumm was thinking that the rims were ok?? U get the NS Fundamental... no good??? or maybe MTX with the Rotary hubs...????
I assume you mean the 2011 version, if so than thats the lower model of mine, should still be a great hub if NS previous efforts are anything to go off.

The fundamentals are decent enough rims but I cant really comment on how long they will last. If it were me I would buy some 721's and put them on because they are light and bombproof. Its totally up to you and your budget though.

CrazyM

Likes Dirt
fundamentals are decent rims. if you havnt got spins dialled yet, keep them. better to trash a cheap rim than an expensive one. even if your comfortable spinning id still hold off on getting new rims, get used to the bike. switching to a new bike your always going to over/under rotate a bit
^^^ this is tru! ;)

they will be many's of rims being bent&buckled i can feel it ahhahha!!:cool:

CrazyM

Likes Dirt
I assume you mean the 2011 version, if so than thats the lower model of mine, should still be a great hub if NS previous efforts are anything to go off.

The fundamentals are decent enough rims but I cant really comment on how long they will last. If it were me I would buy some 721's and put them on because they are light and bombproof. Its totally up to you and your budget though.
Heard the 721's are a lil' soft-er then some other's out there??

what abouts "Alex Supra D rims" ...:confused:

Say what? For most people 721s are probaby overkill. I have heard really good things about supra d's but from memeory they are a bit weighty, but I dunno.

if you think 721s are overkill get 521s. lighter and hold up for some pretty abusive riders. but theres no point fixing something that aint broke. as i said earlier, trash your rims first, then upgrade them. fundamental rims cost like 50 bucks or something, id rather bend a $50 rim than a $100 rim that i also paid to get laced. because no matter who you are, if your learning to ride street your going to bend/crack a rim

CrazyM

Likes Dirt
if you think 721s are overkill get 521s. lighter and hold up for some pretty abusive riders. but theres no point fixing something that aint broke. as i said earlier, trash your rims first, then upgrade them. fundamental rims cost like 50 bucks or something, id rather bend a $50 rim than a $100 rim that i also paid to get laced. because no matter who you are, if your learning to ride street your going to bend/crack a rim
well getting back into it.. so, I dare say i'll be smashing e'm up in no time for sho!! hahhahahha

but yea just looking a lil' ahead "singlespeedfreeride" ;)

CrazyM

Likes Dirt
then ex721 for the rear and en521 front if your abusive. en521 all around if your not
Hey, "singlespeedfreeride" I know we've cover this before but is this NS Holy 1 gonna be what i'm looking for in regards to a dirt jump bike..

U mentioned Street will it be just as good on the dirt as the street... or is there/should I buy a dirt jump specific bike??

Will be putting down a deposit within the next 2weeks :eek:

most ns bikes ride well on dirt and street. the geometry should be great, but if your riding dirt id suggest some new tyres. actualy either way tyres will be the best upgrade. for dirt a maxxis dth rear and a sightly knobblier tyre at the front like a schwalbe table top will be awesome for both dirt and street

CrazyM

Likes Dirt
most ns bikes ride well on dirt and street. the geometry should be great, but if your riding dirt id suggest some new tyres. actualy either way tyres will be the best upgrade. for dirt a maxxis dth rear and a sightly knobblier tyre at the front like a schwalbe table top will be awesome for both dirt and street
'roger' !! :cool:

thanks man i can't f@#%%$g wait aye 'shit'!!

tommy-d

Likes Dirt
Use the search toolbar there is a million threads now in DJ about ' what bike is best for me'
It should be full of actual dirt jump information, posts and etc.
Rotorburn is letting me down lately.. BRING BACK THE CONTENT OF FARKIN