Old Magazines

jnatera

Likes Bikes
Hi

Just wanting to know what you do with your old magazines once you have read them. I have stack of 50-60 magazines. I have switched to reading them on the IPad now.

slowmick

38-39"
i was wondering the same thing.

i need to make space in the house and 10+ years of magazines are headed for the recycle bin. just can't bring myself to do it... :pout:

Big JD

Wheel size expert
once a year I fill two milk crates with mags and drop them at local bike stores with a sign- free mags. The kids grab them I reckon.
Drop some into the local hospital waiting room, gym, cafe, dentist, doctor and massage parlour

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Hi

Just wanting to know what you do with your old magazines once you have read them. I have stack of 50-60 magazines. I have switched to reading them on the IPad now.

i need to make space in the house and 10+ years of magazines are headed for the recycle bin. just can't bring myself to do it... :pout:
Man up and through the farkers out!

JP

Likes Dirt
I dropped mine off in batches at the local physio's and doctor's surgery. Surely I'm not the only one who gets sick of Woman's Day and Readers Digest while at the quacks.

Jeffgre_6163

Likes Dirt
Surely I'm not the only one who gets sick of Woman's Day and Readers Digest while at the quacks.
No, you are the only one who gets sick of Womans Day etc.
Personally I love a good dose of celeb goss, recipes and fad diets, not to mention celeb cellulite : )

fridgie

Likes Dirt
I'm always hanging to read who has broken up with who, why that person is such an inspiration for doing nothing. Sometimes I got to the doctors just to sit in the waiting room and get my fix :p

omac

Likes Dirt

Iv got 15 years worth MTB mags & my moto collection collection dates back to 79 :behindsofa:

pravy

Squid
I know what you feel; I’ve got three huge piles of bike magazines in my study and don’t even want to think of throwing them away. Hopefully moving to a new house soon will help me with this difficult decision.

heavyp

You heard it here first
I have every Dirt from issue 1 to the most current, the majority are in the UK but i have not stopped collecting them since moving here in 06.

I have Rush too which was MBUK's DH mag
photo19.jpg

I also have Grip which didnt last long but was really good back in the late 90's

fridgie

Likes Dirt
My old magazines (4x4) are long gone, except for the ones that I'm in :p

I'll generally canvas friends etc if they want any first, then waiting rooms (doctors, tyre shops etc, generally anywhere blokes have to sit and wait) and then if all else fails, they become fire starters for camping trips ;)

UncleFeet

Likes Dirt
I usually load up on MBAs at Singletrack mind races, they usually have a stack of old ones they're giving away, and take 'em to the Doctor's surgeries around here...all 2. They always get flogged!?!

How about a comp to see who has the tallest stack of old bike mags...