Official kentlyn thread

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
...and Bendi is riding quick...
I've had the opportunity over the last two weeks to head out and spend several hours doing a clean up around the Bendi area. In a number of places, where the grass had grown right up to the riding line, I've cleaned up along the edges of the track. The wider riding line is better for maintaining higher speeds around the track. It certainly feels to have a better flow with a wider line and judging by the tyre tracks people are using more of the track. Still some more cleaning up to be done.

I also tidied up the creek crossing on the Darling Ave track. The rocks that were causing the water to flood the crossing have been cleared. There's still a small bit of mud to ride through (thanks to the f'ing motorbikes that continue to churn the area up) but hopefully this will help reduce the flooding that has occured here in the past.

Cheers,
CBG.

Last edited:

MarioM

Likes Dirt
Give me a call and I'll go too. It's like riding through a tunnel.
The A line drops are quite heart stopping at night , in fact the rock trail at night is something else . I love Bendi but its been the source of many a flat especially riding in from old kent rd . Did one rock ledge drop and double flatted coming down . So a change to tubeless and what happens , tear a sidewall out . Oddly though never had a problem on the rock trail . Now that the bridges are done on Bendi will be hitting it again soon as I love those sections of trail .

romy

Likes Dirt
Big Thumbs down to the TARD who decided to get fluro pink spray paint and put the trail names all over tree's throughout the five ways section and down the trails. Best way to get them the WRONG attention. Park rangers love vandalism to flora and fauna, smart way to get trails closed..... :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

PS: Your hand style sucks

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
Big Thumbs down to the TARD who decided to get fluro pink spray paint and put the trail names all over tree's throughout the five ways section and down the trails. Best way to get them the WRONG attention. Park rangers love vandalism to flora and fauna, smart way to get trails closed..... :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

PS: Your hand style sucks
I seen this yesterday also, I think in the last 10 years of riding out there, that's the most stupid thing I've seen done!

Anyone spotted the new trail yet??

romy

Likes Dirt
I seen this yesterday also, I think in the last 10 years of riding out there, that's the most stupid thing I've seen done!

Anyone spotted the new trail yet??
At least its not as permanent as a cut down tree. Will fade in time.
still what a F#@KT#$D!

What is this new trail you speak of?

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Romy, That is crap. Terrible to hear. Haven't been on the DH section for over a week so it must be very recent.

The other stupid I saw was 3 tall trees cut down on Crank It Right about 2 years ago, that were never in the way.

You are right, these things get us in bad with authorities.

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
Someone take a battery grinder with a wire wheel out there and get rid of the paint. I don't see how having the name on the trail makes them any more enjoyable to ride?

jhenry

Likes Bikes
G,day guys. I just moved to the top of Leumeah from Appin, and was wondering what this section whit the blue arrows is called?? I'm sure I rode it backwards but still enjoyed it.. Still just getting my bearings around the place.. Thanks..

Attachments

mtboer

Likes Dirt
G,day guys. I just moved to the top of Leumeah from Appin, and was wondering what this section whit the blue arrows is called?? I'm sure I rode it backwards but still enjoyed it.. Still just getting my bearings around the place.. Thanks..
Not ridden that often and no specific name. Yes it is easier to ride from the Firetrail and go North.
The challenge then is to ride UP the Firetrail UP that big hill, to get to it.
The Campbelltown Joggers run that way every Saturday morning.

I've been off the bike for 8 weeks now, holidays and then dislocated three toes in a non-riding accident, still be another couple of weeks before I get back on and can finally hit Kentlyn again! It's been waaay to long :tsk:

jhenry, Yup definitely best to ride it the other way around. I really enjoy this section to be honest. It's nice a quick after you climb (and recover) from the fire trail climb to get to the start of the trail you highlighted.

Ivan

Eats Squid
I went exploring at Kentlyn today for the first time, There's some nice trails in there. I had no idea where I was going though, so I probably missed the best trails.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
I went exploring at Kentlyn today for the first time, There's some nice trails in there. I had no idea where I was going though, so I probably missed the best trails.

If it was XC ---- Bendi & The Rock Trail

DH is all near the end of Boronia Rd

Ivan

Eats Squid
If it was XC ---- Bendi & The Rock Trail

DH is all near the end of Boronia Rd

Yep, managed to miss both of those, although I did ride about 50m of the rock trail I think.

If anyone has a good TCX file of a ride linking all the good tracks they could share that would be sweet.

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
Have a look on the bottom of "Comic book guys" pretty sure there is a link to all the tracks around kentlyn!

Ride the rock trail today it's been a good 18 months since I last ride it, and damn I don't know why I hadn't ridden it sooner.

Anyone find the new section off PM rd yet?

Ivan

Eats Squid
Have a look on the bottom of "Comic book guys" pretty sure there is a link to all the tracks around kentlyn!

yeah, that's what I was using, but stopping at every crossroads and checking my phone was burning up a lot of time, and I was never 100% sure were I was.

Its a great map though. Thanks to whoever put it together.

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
Road out there today , had a bit of a look see around bendi as the last couple of times out there
I've ridden the rock tail (still don't think I've found all of bendi )
Did a bit of exploring and ended up on the Creek trail I think, love that bit, it rides so well in either
direction....
Bob , CBG, what's the cave with the metal bars across the front of it, just above one
of the Creek crossings ... Some sort of gimp cage ?

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Road out there today , had a bit of a look see around bendi as the last couple of times out there
I've ridden the rock tail (still don't think I've found all of bendi )
Did a bit of exploring and ended up on the Creek trail I think, love that bit, it rides so well in either
direction....
Bob , CBG, what's the cave with the metal bars across the front of it, just above one
of the Creek crossings ... Some sort of gimp cage ?
The Bulls Cave - unfortunately full of Graffiti.

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
Was out again yesterday doing abit of riding and building, kentlyn is getting alot of riders out there now which is awesome to see!
Been doing abit of an extension on roller coaster if anyone has noticed, put a third bridge in yesterday!

Attachments

Last edited:

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
Bob ,how do I get to the 5 ways can I get to it from the Creek trail
and if I follow the Creek trail does it leed to the rock trail ?

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
Easiest way to get to five ways is park at the end of boronia rd, go to the fire trail t intersection and head left up the hill, at the top on the right is a track that is the entry to 5 ways. To get to rock trail, go to same T intersection and turn right, trail is 50m up on right.