Official kentlyn thread

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bob,

i tried to send you a PM with a map of the lot boundaries but the map link wouldn't work. I'll try again in a minute.

The lot boundary heads NE parallel to the fire trail that Rock Trail starts from.

J.P

Cannon Fodder
They were there again today. I never heard or saw any thing being chopped down but the chainsaw was out this time on the down hill tracks. Not sure which one is which but the 2nd from left when you get to 5 ways. Last week they were at the end of the fire trail at the start of The Rock Trail and surveying the old fence line that goes northeast from there.(just as mtboer described) I just re-found my MTB mojo so I hope this doesn't end in tears.

Last edited:
wow.

so much is happening now. I hope nothing happens. I have been spending heaps of time up there lately. Would be a shame since it is in my backyard. Hopefully they bring some bulldozers out so we can build some jumps. I am getting over using shovels.

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well I went out this arvo and was pretty disappointed to see the damage done. Some photos:

0001_rock-trail.jpg

0003_rock-trail.jpg

0005_rock-trail.jpg

...chainsaw was out this time on the down hill tracks.
Found this just off Dragons Lair:
0008_rock-trail.jpg

Does anyone know who is directly responsible for this pocket of land? Would like to make some enquiries of my own.
You can do a title search at the LPI website. Costs $12.15 per search. You can find the DP/Lot numbers from the SIX maps.

CBG.

Last edited:

U-BOAT 84

Cannon Fodder
362 refers to one of the lots, it is part of DP 752062.
You'll have to get the deeds and tittle search to see who's land it is a far as I knew it was crown land but that won't stop the government selling it off.

Let build some awesome tracks before it all gone.

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A bit more investigating.

Looking at the SIX maps the tree in the last photo above is on the western boundary of Lot 362 (DP752062), which would make sense. But did they really have to carve a great chunk out of that tree.

The path of destruction that runs NE from the fire trail at the start of the Rock Trail appears to be along the boundary between Lot 169 and 170 (both in DP752062).

bgs

Likes Bikes
Bendi

I'll be bummed if they take it away from us. If it happens, might have to start trail work and new lines on the Bendi side.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Tree Destruction at Kentlyn

Have contacted the Campbelltown Council who don't know who is doing this. But they are investigating.

I believe it is Dept. of Primary Industries Land and they said, what is happening, is nothing to do with them.

The people (Surveyors) are up to something but none of the authorities know what is happening.

Ran around The Rock Trail this morning and believe 5 rollovers (of Fences) is the worst it might get to.

Really can't imagine them putting up a fence, as it would really restrict the wildlife in there.

Lets keep positive and ride the trail, as it is great after rain. Hope the DH is not too affected.

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
Been thinking about this a bit and I would guess that being that the land was donated so long ago the accuracy of the lot boundaries would be questionable so a new digital ready survey is probably being completed, has anyone spotted any survey pegs that would suggest future works were planned? As far as the axe happy surveyors go they are obviously not concerned for the Bush they are surveying but looks like they needed line of sight from one point to another, still no excuse though.

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
In a side note, the Council when building the ne w RFS building had to spend 30k on a koala study when fencing off half a dozen eucalyptus trees as part of their compound, I can't imagine the cost of a similar study for that size of area would be plausible.

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
In a side note, the Council when building the ne w RFS building had to spend 30k on a koala study when fencing off half a dozen eucalyptus trees as part of their compound, I can't imagine the cost of a similar study for that size of area would be plausible.
There is a Koala that lives in the school grounds next door to the RFS shed. Koalas are territorial animals that have a feeding range. That area is a bit sparse of trees so I can understand the need for some research but 30k seems an awful lot.

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Been thinking about this a bit and I would guess that being that the land was donated so long ago the accuracy of the lot boundaries would be questionable so a new digital ready survey is probably being completed, has anyone spotted any survey pegs that would suggest future works were planned? As far as the axe happy surveyors go they are obviously not concerned for the Bush they are surveying but looks like they needed line of sight from one point to another, still no excuse though.
I spotted several survey pegs along both boundaries as well as flag tape, yellow surveyors paint, survey nails and a new benchmark.

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If the pegs etc were just along the boundary then ide say we don't have too much to worry about.
I agree.

Went out again this morning for a wider look and it appears they have only surveyed parts of the boundaries. Maybe they are just checking certain fence lines as mentioned by J.P.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Kentlyn in Top Condition

Rode a lot of Kentlyn today, with a top group, with Suchislife.

All trails in good condition.

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
Was a good squirt although 8 weeks off the bike has really taken its toll on my fitness. looking forward to being shown some of the lesser used trails out there when you have time Bob.