Obscore/Rare/Dream DH Bikes ?

heavyp

You heard it here first
A couple more for the masses.
The Millyard thats meant to be the bike the others dont want to admit exists, crazy quite gear box that works and some crazy rear shock that feels like its blown but once you get on the track beats any other shock out there!

Attachments

floody

Wheel size expert
Always did like the look of the Storm H2.

Ultimately I'd like an early Intense M1SL and a GT LTS-DH on the wall. Unfortunately there just never were many M1s out here and all the LTS-DHs snapped at the chainstays or headtube, by mid '98 you'd have struggled to find one for sale that hadn't been warrantied multiple times or rewelded.

kona_kona

Likes Dirt
Would love to get my hands on an RM7 with legacy parts on it. I've been keeping an eye out for ages for one to come along.

Wouldn't mind a late 90's M1 with Xverts either. I've been getting a real itch for some classic DH bikes

beno

Cycle Solutions
that hope Empire is sick! Lot of cool old bikes there for sure! i remember back in 98 when I worked for Perisher getting on the tube with a whole bunch of crazy DHer's about to do their first snow ride, ATX's as far as the eye could see!

heavyp

You heard it here first
bit of info opps maybe a bit to small to read if you do wanna read it just hold down and drag it on to your desktop and open it as it will be bigger

Attachments

Last edited:

theMerryPrankster

Likes Dirt
As far as I can tell no one has posted the Jedi yet. Certainly not obscure (or obscore :p) but definitely rare, and definitely a dream bike.

Will be interesting to find out once they're released whether the linkage lives up to the hype.

heavyp

You heard it here first
As far as I can tell no one has posted the Jedi yet. Certainly not obscure (or obscore :p) but definitely rare, and definitely a dream bike.

Will be interesting to find out once they're released whether the linkage lives up to the hype.
Good call i have a fair few other pictures i was going to filter over the next few days including this one.......The thread is a good one but it already got pushed off the front page so was going to milk it for its its worth haha

theMerryPrankster

Likes Dirt
What we need now is a separate thread consisting entirely of axle path diagrams for some of the weirder frames that have been posted...

Also, Karpiel doesn't seem to have featured yet: (apologies if I missed it)

theMerryPrankster

Likes Dirt
You missed it haha
Lol damnit. Serves me right for reading this thread at work.

Edit: Ok, just reread the thread, and it doesn't look like the Lahar Carbon M9 has been posted.

(I'm going to be kicking myself if I missed it after checking :p)

And if we're not limited to DH bikes, the Lahar Softtail gets a mention:

Last edited: