Nukeproof Pulse

travvyB

Likes Dirt
Has anyone other than Australias favourite son thrown a leg over one of these things yet? Keen to know what they're like

BLAKE-2234

Likes Bikes and Dirt
from some reviews ive read they are very close to the scalp in feel just a bit lighter and slightly different geometry

put it this way sam didnt even get his own bike to ride the aus series on it was the managers bike and saying that sam made no changes to the geometry etc that tells me that they are pretty well on the money with it considering i think sam went through about 4 or 5 different geo setups on the demo before he was happy with it...

haltz

Likes Dirt
If they're that similar but even lighter than a scalp (which I've been on a bit over 6 months now)I can tell you they're fast and playful, suspension works great, I run mine with the cane creek, not sure what your getting off but they're not a tractor you have be on point with your lines but in saying that when you do mess up and need a plow something they respond well and handle it.
Don't think anyone considering buying one could find much of a reason not to

B.utters

Likes Dirt
I've been thinking about one for a few days now. Has anyone found any decent reviews anywhere? I've searched google and a bunch of bike sites but can't find anything aside from Nukeproof videos etc.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
from some reviews ive read they are very close to the scalp in feel just a bit lighter and slightly different geometry

put it this way sam didnt even get his own bike to ride the aus series on it was the managers bike and saying that sam made no changes to the geometry etc that tells me that they are pretty well on the money with it considering i think sam went through about 4 or 5 different geo setups on the demo before he was happy with it...
Sam didnt change the demo in the first year he was riding on it. Even if he did, he still raced the production frame.
he won the world champs on a demo that had been un changed

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Chain Reaction have them for a good price. I think I may just bite the bullet. Stay tuned...
Now here is a question that i have asked myself. (even though it may be a little off topic)
6 months ago, would you have considered buying a nukeproof?

swatto90

Likes Dirt
I bought a scalp in june last year. Its the best bike I have ridden. Its on the heavier side but I dont notice the weight when im riding. Ita nimble through corners and jumps yet holds its own in rocks. If I had the money I would be jumping on the pulse in a second. Btw I almost sold myn when sam hill signed for them. But then realised who really cares the bikes amazing.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

riderseventy7

Likes Dirt
Now here is a question that i have asked myself. (even though it may be a little off topic)
Yep, bought one last year. I was considering the Scalp along with the TR450, propain rage and pivot Phoenix. After comparing the numbers / geo etc I went with the nukeproof. I couldn't be happier with my choice.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Its good that people arent just jumping on the sam hill bandwagon then
Sam does add a lot of credibility to the company though!

haltz

Likes Dirt
I bought mine exactly 6 months ago, everything in my life is better, even the sex.
It's funny bein fairly new and comin from mx where no one really cares what pro rides what, if you buy a certain colour bike it's generally because you liked it, price, feel, look, reviews, you rode and liked your mates etc. then downhill if you buy a bike you like the next guys gonna tell you you only got it cos so and so rides one, probably holds the sport back if someone's silly enough to like a bike enough to buy one but don't want to because of what their mates are gonna think, image is everything, being fast is second rate :S

Last edited:

lobstar

Likes Dirt
Sam didnt change the demo in the first year he was riding on it. Even if he did, he still raced the production frame.
he won the world champs on a demo that had been un changed
lies! Sam was running a 150mm rear end the whole time, plus an array of tweaks with headsets and bushings. He had a production paint job lets leave it at that.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
lies! Sam was running a 150mm rear end the whole time, plus an array of tweaks with headsets and bushings. He had a production paint job lets leave it at that.
Really! i didn't know that!
And here i was thinking he did it on the production frame.
Dicks to me

driftking

Wheel size expert
His last year he was also riding that top line carbon s-works which unlike the other demos available comes with a 135 rear end and a few other tweaks.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
You don't think that maybe Sam is riding a stock bike because, well, I don't know, maybe its retardedly expensive to fabricate a custom one?

B.utters

Likes Dirt
You don't think that maybe Sam is riding a stock bike because, well, I don't know, maybe its retardedly expensive to fabricate a custom one?
Either that or he's just happy with it how it is. The CRC team were running custom top tube lengths and rear triangles on their scalps for part of last year so I'm sure they could hook Sam up if he wanted something a little different.

Chil

Likes Dirt
To change head angles, geo and the like for a bike manufacturer on a small batch of standard frames for pro riders I would think the cost would be negligible (for aluminium frames at least). Nukeproof is probably letting Sam get more saddle time on a standard frame so that he and the engineers have a point of reference before they change anything on the bike, if they end up doing it.

Last edited:

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
To change head angles, geo and the like for a bike manufacturer on a small batch of standard frames for pro riders I would think the cost would be negligible (for aluminium frames at least). Nukeproof is probably letting Sam get more saddle time on a standard frame so that he and the engineers have a point of reference before they change anything on the bike, if they end up doing it.
Why would you think that? Tooling up for manufacturing the most expensive part, especially in small quantities.

Nukeproof aren't a big company yet, it would drain a lot of resource to make changes like that. Someone like Specialized on the other hand....