NS Suburban 2009?

*INFERNO*

Likes Dirt
Looking into purchasing a new NS Suburban 20089 frame. Are they any good? Wanting to use it all round - dirt, street & fun racing at BMX Track. What are the differences between this on the Majesty?

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Euro refers to the thread in the bb shell. You can use any mtb cranks with a 73mm bb, as well as bmx cranks with a bmx euro bb.

H-DOG

Likes Dirt
Hey man i just got a suburban and built it up and so far its feeling brilliant. There isnt much difference from this and the majesty apart from that the majesty weighs 2.2kg(black.. think colours are 5g heavier) and the suburban weighs 2.5kg and that the majesty's head tube angle is half a degree steeper and the chainstays are 1mm shorter. The main difference is that is has an intergrated headset which is supposedly better for dirt. As for the bb and cranks i'd just buy bmx cranks and use them and just get a euro bb that fits your cranks(same size spindle) but if you dont want that option there are always Diety Vendetta cranks which are more mtb orientated and very popular which are compatible with 73mm bb shells..heres link for them-http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=30146

In short buy a suburban because at the price they are now you cant go wrong and they are a perfect frame for dirt/park/street

Hope that helped.

*INFERNO*

Likes Dirt
I was wanting to run BMX cranks as overall it makes the bike look better. I have a Truvativ crankset here and if I can use that for now to save up some more cash would be great.

Last edited:

alto-mtb

Likes Bikes
hey mate i just bought the 09 suburban frame its a great investment, now i just have to build it up.

got to chain reaction they have them for under $300

$$Clarkson$$

Likes Dirt
majestys have a intergrated headset and they are heat treated after welding which makes them 200grams lighter than the suburbans and yeah there got a spanish bottom bracket so it dosen't have thread on the bottom bracket just a edge that you knock your bearings in to and they just slide up against that edge like on bmx's. Basicaly the majesty's are a bit lighter and more like bmxs

jamie