not your average glory 00

Danoz

Likes Dirt
so after selling the operator dh to some dickhead ive upgraded to this 2011 glory 00.... rides like an absolute dream and gives lots of confidence....

thanks to open road cycles for hooking me up... and thanks to mitch pryor (aka dj_14) for having the matching bike :mmph:.....

not so stock spec is to follow

Frame: Giant Glory 00
Rear shock: Fox DHX RC4 nuke proof ti on the way
Forks: Fox 40 RC2 Fit w/ custom matching glory decals (see pics)
Handlebars: uncut truvativ boobar
Stem: sunline direct mount
Headset: FSA w/ giant carbon top cap and normal sized spacers. seriously whats with giant spacers... ridiculous
Grips: Odi lock on
Saddle: stripped and sections SDG belair, for race days, yet to be completed and covered (see pics) also have a kevlar SDG i-fly for everyday
Seatpost: short ass Ibeam
Front brake: Saint with 8" center lock rotor
Rear brake: Saint with 7" center lock rotor
Cranks: Shimano Saint
Chainguide: MRP G2
Chain: gold KMC x9 sl
Pedals: Kona Wah Wah stripped to save weight lol (see pics) great pedals, thin, light, except they eat your shins bad..
Rear derailleur: Saint Super short cage
Rear shifter: Shimano Saint
Cassette: saint 9 speed
Front hub: Saint 20mm
Rear hub: Saint 150mm x 12mm
Front rim: DT swiss EX500
Rear rim: DT swiss EX500
Spokes: dt swiss
Nipples: gold
Tyres: schwalbe Muddy Marry (IMO best tyres out there)
Tubes: dodgy tubeless system: comprising of electrical tape, rim tape and no tubes silicon
Total weight: would be mid to low 16s havent weighed it for a while. stay tuned

Attachments

Last edited:

Danoz

Likes Dirt
Mid 17's more like it. I have one with several lighter parts than yours and it comes in at 16.9kg.
Well my mates got his down to 16.4 kg with same spec. Plus xtr levers and renthal chainring... im hoping for similar with the ti spring... Tubeless wheels plus those tyres saves a good about of weight...

Was 17.2 stock with tubeless tyres so well see

dj_14

Likes Dirt
Well my mates got his down to 16.4 kg with same spec. Plus xtr levers and renthal chainring... im hoping for similar with the ti spring... Tubeless wheels plus those tyres saves a good about of weight...

I second that, i have photo's on my my 'post your ride'

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt

I second that, i have photo's on my my 'post your ride'
I did see that, it is hard to deny a set of scales but something ain't right, maybe even from my end. What size are the frames? I'm running these bits which should be lighter, Ti spring (RCS), Deemax Ultimate tubeless with Minion Non UST (no ghetto), Dura Ace 11-21 cassette (150g..ish, feather light), Thomson post, Selle Italia SLR seat (165g)and have just put on a Point1 DM stem from a Thomson which will drop another little bit. 16.9kg or so the scale says, maybe 16.8 now. The rest of the components are basically the same as both yours so the only things I can put it down to is the weight of the tyres (after some quick research MM= 1270g, Minion 1350g = 160g diff) or one of the scales we have used is not right.

Anyway, any bike in the 16's is light and especially with 40's.

Danoz

Likes Dirt
Well when it was stock I weighed it with 2 seperete scales and got 17.2. I shall find out the exact wight so you can sleep at night

None the less it rides amazing and im very happy