AM Norco Sight c7.2 & Aurum c7.1 - page 2

crim 87

Likes Dirt
how are you getting along with the sight ?? im trying to choose between a new range or sight but it's really hard. do you feel the sight is a fairly competent descender on both fast/tech type trails and can be chucked around and still jump well

a-line

Likes Dirt
Sorry for the very late reply to the above questions - I hadn't checked this thread. To answer them = the Sight for me is the perfect "do-it-all" bike. I honestly can't fault it. It's that good. For a 140mm travel bike, it certainly rides like a bike with more travel - if that makes sense. For me I find the weight spot on. Light enough to climb anything & won't feel sketchy on descents/loose stuff. I've ridden on most type of terrain - Lystie, Youies, Yarra trails, Buxton ect - in all kinds of weather, & the bike has never let me down.

As for the Aurum, loving it! Been riding it most weekends. I've just given the forks a service this morning after riding through a lovely Victorian winter. I swapped the Enve bars back to a pair of Chromags. I just didn't like the feel of the Enves - possibly felt over dampened... I've also put a set of Sensus grips on. Seriously the most comfortable grips I've ever felt. I'm also now starting to see a few carbon Aurums on the trails now. Norco have shown the 2016 models last week - not much has changed but they have a sweet looking new alloy Aurum that's sure to come in at a great price.

Attachments

fundermental

Likes Bikes
the Sight for me is the perfect "do-it-all" bike. I honestly can't fault it. It's that good. For a 140mm travel bike, it certainly rides like a bike with more travel - if that makes sense. For me I find the weight spot on. Light enough to climb anything & won't feel sketchy on descents/loose stuff. I've ridden on most type of terrain - Lystie, Youies, Yarra trails, Buxton ect - in all kinds of weather, & the bike has never let me down.
This. So glad I bought a Sight, good taste in bike champ!