Norco Manik

zac

Likes Dirt
20231024_155916.jpg

I pulled the Norco Six out of the garage to sort out the brakes, sat on it and realised I'm now too bloody fat to ride the thing, so swapped the fork onto this little beast cause the DJ1 on it needs a service and Marzocchi decided to use some stupidly annoyingly crap tool to undo the foot nuts (I've since modified a box spanner to fit.) Took it to Daisy Hill on Tuesday and had an absolute blast.

Frame - 06? Norco Manik
Rear shock - n/a
Front shock/fork - Marzocchi Z150FR
Handlebars - Easton EA30
Stem - Syncros
Headset - no brand sealed
Grips - lock ons
Saddle - GT
Seatpost - something off the road bike
Front brake - Temu Shimano hydro knock-off, 200mm rotor
Rear brake - Temu Shimano hydro knock-off, 160mm rotor
Cranks - IXF Amazon special, 32t ring
Chainguide - Amazon special
Chain - 10 speed
Pedals - BBB flats
Front derailleur - n/a
Rear derailleur - Sram X5
Front shifter - n/a
Rear shifter - Sram X5
Cassette - 10 speed
Front wheel - 20 year old DH wheel, 20mm hub
Rear wheel - Alex rim on Shimano qr hub

20231024_175027.jpg

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Looks like a fun machine @zac. Though holy smokes, I thought it had rim brakes for a second (From a quick glance at the phone screen)...

Hardtails can be so much fun. Less about trying to go "fast", and more about just focusing on cleaning a section without major hangups or getting bucked offline.

zac

Likes Dirt
Hardtails can be so much fun. Less about trying to go "fast", and more about just focusing on cleaning a section without major hangups or getting bucked offline.
It's funny, the Six is a roll through anything bruiser but Strava says I'm faster on this going down hill... I was always told that I ride like I'm on a dually but I feel a little more at home on a hardtail. I do need to find some decent new tyres for the thing though - anyone got any Larsen TTs or MotoRaptors hiding in the back of the shed?

zac

Likes Dirt
Nice on @zac - got any pics of it over the time you've owned it?
Nah, I only picked the frame up for 30 bucks last year. I used to have a large sized '05 Rampage with the 12x150 rear end with a 66VF2 on the front though - I'll see if I have any pics. Sold that cause it was too small nearly 10 years ago, picked this one up cause it looked bigger on paper but it's not....

I'd love a large/20" Banshee Scirocco or an On One 456 but even when they do come up they're a bit out of my price range. Or a new Torrent...

safreek

Not sure about significantly, the build on the Six is probably lighter - ill weigh them both though. I'll have to do a PYR on it, there's not enough 20 year old bikes on here at the moment
Just look in my bikeroom:), but in all honesty mine are around 16 years old.
Except this beauty
IMG_20220914_155922_01.jpg