Noosa Away Ride!!

Pezza65

Likes Bikes
G'day TMBC Club Members

As Steve flagged in the newsletter, the Noosa Away Ride planned for the weekend of 20/21 October is coming up so looking to get the conversation started here.

I've attached a flyer with some basic information to get you thinking. Obviously for those who don't wish to stay overnight the day trip option is out there, but for those who would like to get away with mates and link a few rides in different areas together and debrief over a few Diet Cokes around the campfire at night, then probably a good idea to look at the accommodation link on the flyer and get something booked in.

The weather's looking fabulous ... will be a fun time!

Cheers

Perry

Attachments

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
For anyone keen to camp I highly recommend the Noosa Sea Scout den, I can't remember how much it is (between 5 and 10 bucks a night) but it is ideally located right near the riverfront, near a bunch of nice cafe's and BBQ facilities. If you have enough people going they might even be able to open up the bunks or the den, and you may be able to get access to the kitchen.

http://noosaseascouts.com.au/camp facilities.html

Had many a cheap coastal getaway there.

Pezza65

Likes Bikes
With only 2 weeks till this event, thought that I would get it back in the news.
It's looking like excellent riding conditions on some fabulous trails.
Could everyone who is interested please post up here, just so that we've got some idea of numbers.
Cheers
Perry

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm keen. My brother is newly local to the area & wont be away working that w/e, so is keen to tag along as well.

Pezza65

Likes Bikes
Great to hear it fellas. I've booked a basic cabin for the night of 20/10. There are a couple of double bunks in there (besides my double bed) if anyone wants to crash in rather than pitch a tent. If anyone is wanting to come along and hasn't got transport there should be some spare seats - just make sure you mention it when you post your interest here. Should be a fun couple of days! Perry

Pezza65

Likes Bikes
What's the itinery Perry?

Who else is heading up?
Hi Jason

I was thinking that we could:

• Meet up at the Top of the Range servo (Cohoe St) at 7:30am
  • Convoy it from there stright to Parklands for a little pre-lunch excitement
  • Head to the Noosa Caravan Park & check-in around 2pm.
  • Get another spin in on some of the local trails in the afternoon.
  • Take in a few orange whips and maybe watch the rugby at the pub in the evening.
  • Another spin in the morning at a track of choice: could hit the Pomona trails or double up on Parklands, depending on how we're all feeling.
  • I'm going to have to leave no later than 1pm as I've got a function to get back to.

So far we've got John Bennett, Scott, 'The Moi', you, your brother and me - so a small but manageable group.
How's that sound?

Cheers
Perry