Noman/slomad/bromad owners.

ducky1988

Likes Dirt
To all Santa Cruz Nomad owners, how do you fix the stupid conical washers from creaking? I have greased the shit out of mine but it will only last one ride at a time. Have you used locktite or anything? It is a brand new bike and annoying the crap out of me.

NoFilter

Likes Dirt
To all Santa Cruz Nomad owners, how do you fix the stupid conical washers from creaking? I have greased the shit out of mine but it will only last one ride at a time. Have you used locktite or anything? It is a brand new bike and annoying the crap out of me.
If you're talking about the dust covers over the bearings on the links they need to be dry and clean. No lube or grease anywhere between these and the frame. DRY. Everything else should be wet.

PM me if issues continue.

ducky1988

Likes Dirt
If you're talking about the dust covers over the bearings on the links they need to be dry and clean. No lube or grease anywhere between these and the frame. DRY. Everything else should be wet.

PM me if issues continue.
nah. the angled inserts that go into the pivots. bottom real link is creaking like a bitch

cramhobart

Likes Dirt
There is an inherent amount of flex in Santa Cruz Vpp bikes that can contribute to creaks etc. Annoyed the shit out of me. I bought a new bike to solve the problem.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Yeah, SC bikes are abnormally flexy & creaky.

Mine's quiet as a mouse though. I must have got lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk