VIC No Frills Friday Night Summer Series starts Friday 15th Nov 13 Geelong Mt Bike Club.

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
Geelong MT Bike Club .

NO Frills Friday night racing starts again on Friday November the 15th. 2013

All Welcome for Some Fun No Frills Racing .
Last year we had, first time racers, Jun racers, Mum and Dad racers as well as some very fast elite racers.

We try and make this series as fun and as welcoming as possible for everyone. Best of All we Race for Chocolate.
Turn up say hi, introduce your self and have some fun.

Duck Ponds Schools at the You Yangs main entrance before Christmas and After Christmas we race on the other side in Stock yards.

rego open at 6 pm racing starts at 7 pm.

ps if you have never been to a Mt Bike Race before, this is the place to start.

DoubleD

Likes Dirt
What's the latest you can rock up before the start? Getting home and down to the youies much before 7 will be tricky

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
What's the latest you can rock up before the start? Getting home and down to the youies much before 7 will be tricky

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Hi Dave.

Usually closes about 15-20 min before.

It's no Frills Friday so our Aim is to get everyone out on the track so we can all enjoy racing and we would love to see you.

What can make rego quicker is. Bring the correct change, keep your race plate for the series or enter and pay for the series, so you have a number for the series , go to rego first , before getting changed.

Obviously if everyone turns up at the last minute then it won't work but we can probably do our best and deal with one straggler if you are a mtba member and all paid etc.

Newbie's that have to join mtba and buy a day license need to give the rego crew more time.

Also the crew on the check in desk also race so we need to give them a chance to get ready.

If you are coming from Melbourne it can be hard getting over the Westgate. I have missed a few races sitting in Friday night / weekend traffic.

Note: if the guys on check in want to close and race then it's up to them, but we do try to help coz it is aimed at fun racing .

2nd note if you don't have a day or mtba membership you cannot race due to insurance etc. All riders MUST pay and enter before racing.

I hope you get the picture, a bit of commonsense is applied, obviously people have things to do after the race so we like to start racing at 7.

DoubleD

Likes Dirt
Worked my arse off to get down there by 7, convinced registration to reopen for me and was having a great time until my chain broke about 5 minutes in. I guess there's always next time.

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
76 riders for a simple 45 min race....

Worked my arse off to get down there by 7, convinced registration to reopen for me and was having a great time until my chain broke about 5 minutes in. I guess there's always next time.
c u next time dave.

76 riders. for the first race. Woah! coz everyone wants to win Chocolate.

splinter1959

Likes Dirt
Its a blast

Bit longer than we are used to on a NFF.
But it was still a blast, the fast and furious racing around the plantation is a lot of fun.
76 starters = 75 spent but smiling faces at the finish (not the guy who broke his chain)
It get better when there are grades and chocolate next week.

fletchog

Likes Dirt
I like the longer courses, gives us old blokes a chance to catch our breath and find our legs after the furious starts

Last edited:

splinter1959

Likes Dirt
NFF Jan 17th

NFF races resume on Friday Jan 17th in the Stockyards at the You Yangs.
Get ready to burn off that Christmas cheer.
As race director for this race I have a challenging course organised with plenty of climbing. :heh::heh::heh::heh:.
For anyone who wants to practice - ride up Rockwell and down Lactic.
Happy New Year, see you there.

splinter1959

Likes Dirt
Postponed

Just had a phone call from Tania.

The NFF race for the 17th is postponed because it is too hot to be safe for MTB racing.

Try again next week, hopefully the 24th will be nicer weather wise.

Timmy!!!

Likes Dirt
Thanks Nick. As always GMBC are right on top of the issues, be it trail management, the relationship with Parks Victoria or, in this case, rider safety.

Good work, and thanks for the early warning. I'm sure everybody appreciates it.

fletchog

Likes Dirt
Good call by GMBC, will make doing the Thunderpoint 180 tomorrow a bit easier without laps of dam view and rockwell in the legs.
See yous next fri

splinter1959

Likes Dirt
Nff

The racing is back on this Friday (the 24th).

Done a few laps around the stockyards and its a bit dry and dusty so bring lots of drinks.

See you all.

splinter1959

Likes Dirt
Changed course

There was concern about A grade catching C grade while going down Lactic so the course is going to be the other way round.

Across the dip, around the road, up Lactic, down Rockwell, up the new zig-zag track 11, down Dam View, and back to start, 2 laps.

C -grade will not do the track 11 and Dam View bit just go around the Inner Loop so there should be no lapping.

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
There was concern about A grade catching C grade while going down Lactic so the course is going to be the other way round.

Across the dip, around the road, up Lactic, down Rockwell, up the new zig-zag track 11, down Dam View, and back to start, 2 laps.

C -grade will not do the track 11 and Dam View bit just go around the Inner Loop so there should be no lapping.
the new zig zag track 11 is being referred too as "Nanas decking and Paving"

splinter1959

Likes Dirt
Results Up

The results for Round 6 NFF race are up on the GMBC website.

As race director I am interested in feedback on the course, particularly comments on going up the new bit.