Newly Released Bikes General

Mattyp

Cows go boing
BK needs to pay for those supercars somehow...they also just signed Bryn and Jill so another couple salaries there.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
I especially like these two paragraphs. Just amazing.
View attachment 406785
And yet, I wonder if they're still using the "Slipfit" linkages... I've got 2 friends who have current mdoel Switchblades with this "Feature"... Shitty tolerances dressed up as a feature. Literally the bearings can just fricken drop out, and it's a "feature to promote correct alignment when dealing with the differing shock & rear triangle tolerances"...

Yeesh!

Sorry, editing this to note, it's not Switchblades that use the "Slipfit" feature, but Firebirds - well, at least the friends bikes are both FBs... So potentially even worse as the forces there are destined to be higher if the bike is used right.

Last edited:

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Out of interest, who does make the best machined frames in terms of tolerances and other engineering terms that matter?

slowmick

38-39"
Out of interest, who does make the best machined frames in terms of tolerances and other engineering terms that matter?
Nicholai probably have the best system to get around the inevitable tolerances of manufacture at a reasonable price. They have lot of adjustable bits to take up the tolerances to give you a smooth operating final product.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
RAAW and Santa Cruz have been the best-aligned out of the box I've come across (The SC's were a while ago though, 5010 V2's).