Newly Released Bikes General

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
You’re blaming Sram for a shitty bike design?
I don’t think he was. BTW. All my Sram GX and Xo1 rear mech (cable) clutches do exactly as asked.
The first gen GX AXS was known for a weak clutch spring and chain slap. Hit or miss if you had issues. Would like to see Lew try Shimano gear on that bike and retest to see if issues still persist to rule out the drivetrain.

Someone in the comments slowed down the footage on the drop and chain was off at the top.

Jpez

Down on the left!
The first gen GX AXS was known for a weak clutch spring and chain slap. Hit or miss if you had issues. Would like to see Lew try Shimano gear on that bike and retest to see if issues still persist to rule out the drivetrain.

Someone in the comments slowed down the footage on the drop and chain was off at the top.
I had heard the AXS mechs have issues. No experience in electronic though. My old steam punk cable setups work sweet though.

Surely Trek trialled every main drive train to death. Trek give me zero feels but they are very very good at making nice riding bikes so I really can’t see them releasing this bike without dotting all the i’s and crossing the t’s.
Theres gotta be something going on with this particular frame or set up. And he’s tried very little to remedy it before plastering him and his ridiculous Only fans logo all over the net. Hardly fair. If I was trek I’d be getting that bike back quick smart to work out the issue.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I had heard the AXS mechs have issues. No experience in electronic though. My old steam punk cable setups work sweet though.

Surely Trek trialled every main drive train to death. Trek give me zero feels but they are very very good at making nice riding bikes so I really can’t see them releasing this bike without dotting all the i’s and crossing the t’s.
Theres gotta be something going on with this particular frame or set up. And he’s tried very little to remedy it before plastering him and his ridiculous Only fans logo all over the net. Hardly fair. If I was trek I’d be getting that bike back quick smart to work out the issue.
I’m pretty sure Trek did reach out to him after his first video, they should be doing everything they can because he could single handedly kill their sales for that new Slash

Jpez

Down on the left!
I’m pretty sure Trek did reach out to him after his first video, they should be doing everything they can because he could single handedly kill their sales for that new Slash
Yeah it sounds like they did. With a few tips. I’d be doing a whole lot more than that though if I was Trek.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I did read a couple of comments in one of his videos saying that the ASX derailleurs don't have enough spring tension to keep the chain tight enough on that bike and they had a non-ASX derailleur and didn't had any chain drop issue. Either way, it's not a good news story for Trek.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy

He mentioned SRAM and Trek reached out to him but definitely a click bait title to get the views. If I was Trek I would offer another bike (checked prior) and take that one back to look over. Other owners commented that they have had zero issues.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I wonder if the high-pivot design can overwhelm the clutch.

Anecdotally my Highlander seems to need the clutch tightened up reasonably regularly where other bikes have generally been set-and-forget.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
The fact that the chain is somehow doing a houdini out of the upper chain guide is more of an indication that the guide is shit.

Transmission clutch strength is fine imo and not the issue. I was dropping chains every ride when I used a XT 12 speed Shimano derailleur on my Pole. Changed to Transmission and chain drop was a much rarer thing. Then the top chain guide arrived and I haven't dropped a chain since that went on.

K.C.

Likes Dirt
i have 2 cable'd GX derailluer, one start dropping chain after 1000km, one after one week :mad: . swapped to XT mech and shifter still chain slapping but no drop chain, go another full turn on the clutch adjuster and its less slap and guarantee zero chain drop.

tight clutch do affects the shifting and creaks if its wound too tight. i wonder if Sram only make do with minimal clutch that they can get away with, to keep the shifting silky smooth, cause, hey, that's what all reviews focus on

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
It's more a work of art than a bike.
That's exactly how I see it, Yeah Nah... 3.5kg frame with shock on a 105-135mm frame. Frame only for $8000au, no shock, no shipping, no customs and import duties. Probably $11000au+ for the frame and shock landed here.
IIRC his shipping price for the frame was like adding the VAT back on, so customs total bike and shipping costs.

Fuck. off.

The ridiculous price and weight does nothing for me now, its literally something to look at. Plenty other nicer bikes out there at half the price and nearly half the weight.