Newly Released Bikes General

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I get that. I'm saying that a fox 34 is a fine selection for a 140mm trail bike. The bike being a little heavier does not constitute a need to go to a burlier fork.
You're an enigma. Think a 17kg trail bike is fine but don't see the benefit of a 200g heavier fork?

• Love
Reactions: Zaf

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I get that. I'm saying that a fox 34 is a fine selection for a 140mm trail bike. The bike being a little heavier does not constitute a need to go to a burlier fork.
IMO - The 34 Rhythms/Marz Z2 with the thicker stanchions are okay, I find the Fox Factory/Performance CSUs too flexy under brakes (and that was only 27.5 forks set to 130mm travel). I'm about 95kg kitted up though, so starting to test the torsional tolerance levels of lighter forks. I also much prefer to cop the tiny weight penalty for less flex.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Hahah! Yeah, it's complicated, I'll try and be succinct.
It's more to do with people going "heavy bike = brawler/chunder beast" and putting the bike into a weight class. Also, quality of components these days is pretty good all round, and although I would personally never choose a Fox 34, for the design breif it's not a bad choice. There's also this really weird phenomena where you see people put 100kg of bike and rider on these components regularly without a second thought, but the moment the bike takes up a larger percentage of that equation it's all of a sudden "under specced".

For reference, my G13 is about 16.5kg. Never weighed the G15 GPI...but all I can say for sure is "heavier".
So basically you're saying it's not OK to fat shame a heavy set frame with a beefier fork.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Looks good imo.
Be bette with a black fork but waddayagondo.

@HamboCairns, start saving bud.
Probably hasn’t replied yet because his hands are too busy.

Minlak

custom titis
Not really a newly released bike per se but I see FTR announced today you can buy Scott from them now.
Scott bikes normally represent pretty good value.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I saw that too - seems bike shops are "launching" whatever brands they can get in stock.

I'm told that's why Summit Cycles are now pushing (higher end) Specialized bikes too - because they need something to sell.