Newly Released Bikes General

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Holy chain wear batman... so much frictions
Isn’t it exactly the same as any other high pivot, but with bigger cogs so less friction?

Edit - might actually be less than a standard derailleur and high pivot. Chainring, one derailleur pulley and one idler pulley. Perhaps a bit more wrap on the cassette itself, but might be better than it looks at first glance.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
:eek:
View attachment 391185
At first I was like "Damn, that thing looks slick! Just looks so low slung and purposeful, and the tech is brilliant...".

After several hours I now find myself upset they didn't go to the trouble of finding a colour-matched blue O-ring for the fork.

For shame. 10/10 would not buy.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Holy Shit! Are you in the NBA?

Is it dual crown approved?

There was a really great podcast by Pinkbike with the engineer who designed the system https://m.pinkbike.com/news/the-pin...e-the-future-of-trouble-free-drivetrains.html. He basically said the system had less friction than a standard system due to the size of the rollers. Given that Nicolai are total engineering nerds, I suspect the designer knows his shit.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Holy Shit! Are you in the NBA?

Is it dual crown approved?

There was a really great podcast by Pinkbike with the engineer who designed the system https://m.pinkbike.com/news/the-pin...e-the-future-of-trouble-free-drivetrains.html. He basically said the system had less friction than a standard system due to the size of the rollers. Given that Nicolai are total engineering nerds, I suspect the designer knows his shit.

Not NBA but run a super short stem at 6'4"

Waiting confirmation on the DC approval which will sway my decision. There is a gearbox bike coming mid next year.

Large pulleys like the Contra Bikes proto type. Drag is negligible. More optics.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Not NBA but run a super short stem at 6'4"

Waiting confirmation on the DC approval which will sway my decision. There is a gearbox bike coming mid next year.

Large pulleys like the Contra Bikes proto type. Drag is negligible. More optics.
Jesus fucking Christ. If my wife found out I bought fancier versions of a bike and fork I already own...