New XC Trail Name?

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As briefly discussed in the trail building thread, we need to come up with a name for the new XC trail. For those that dont already know, this trail offers approximately a 2km more enjoyable climb up to the grassy noll than the alternative which is the fire road beside McKenzie Frenzie DH track.

To get everyone up to speed on what has been suggested so far, here is a quick recap.
maybe MFL- more f...kin lantana!
Maybe we could call it Rolla-Mini-X? :D (for those of you that wearn't there we rolled a mini excavator on this one!)
Rolex? ;)

Also, some referance to the amount of time it has taken to get this section done seems appropriate.
Prestigous like the original track designers too ;).

Rolex gets my vote.
I wasn't there for the begining so I can't relate to rolex (I'm not saying I don't like it because it is pretty good) so I'll chuck my own suggestion in from my experience so far. I was thinking The Machette because you need to be on the end of one to get from top to bottom at the moment, or The Cork Screw discribing its back and forth nature.
Put your heads together people.

Probably best to have a cut off of say mid this week for suggestions, then i will add a poll for people to vote before this months club meeting so it can be discussed. Keep in mind that council may want to have some say on it's naming as well.

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Corkscrew is good.
Riding it again today, I thought the turkey nest sets it apart --
how about:
The Turkey Has Landed or
Turkey Nest
Or
The Ramp
Sawtooth (the profile of the track)

Not that keen on rollex -- reminds me of something Lawyers might wear -- not the vibe I want
when riding in the bush :). No effense intended!

Matt
Some more suggestions from the other thread.

Turkeys Way? - might be saying something about the users aswell as the wildlife :whoo:

Last edited:

Bernard

Likes Bikes
I like Turkey

I like Turkey nest best. However when I first started working on it I found a hive of European bees in a tree. TurkeyBees Nest? Turkey Bee. Bees Nest. Turkey Run. . . Turkey climb.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Grassy knoll eh...?

All I can think of is JFK and teletubbies...

How about Grassy Groove, vertex or Spindrift (meaning crest of a wave/grassy knoll is the crest) and you spin to the top and then drift back down?

A bit thin I know.

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Gobblers & turkey slap in the same discussion thread is a bit scary. :uncomfortableness:

Gripo

Eats Squid
Turkey Vid

I rode up, then down Turkey Trail late yesterday arvo on the 29r to see how big wheels went....again it was great both ways....except from the bad corner to the (despite someone MPM? putting more work into it) up to the rock wall.

Here's a low-res chest cam of the ride down.....great fun

PS, saw three turkeys on my ride up there and take care around the turkey nest, looks like the nest is now in use.....

[video=vimeo;29907641]http://vimeo.com/29907641[/video]

Gripo

Eats Squid
Good footage, what camera and set up are you running?
Footage is from a GoPro HD camera mounted to a chest mount, the original footage is superb but this is a quick resize for the web....just need a computer and editing program that can cope with the 1GB file size from a run like this....

Nice video. Brave man with no gloves on.
Riding down to the Turkey's nest you look like you were hitting warp factor 9.
No gloves, they are for gardners.....seriously it's easier to deal with modern day tech ie. IphoneGPS, camera etc without gloves.....

Speed....the run to the turkey's nest is a fast section or was it the 29r factor......

Nice vid John - complete with heartbeat:clap2:

Isn't it great to be alive :biggrin:
C'mon Richard....put some flats on temporarily and have a go again...the more you ride it the better it gets...up or down.

Gripo

Eats Squid
Here's another run but with more vertical ratio in the cameras settings so you can see more of the trail ahead.....reptiles are out to, saw a large goana and green snake when I was riding up.... as well as the turkeys....

[video=vimeo;30056928]http://vimeo.com/30056928[/video]

Last edited:

J.R.

Squid
Nice... makes it look like your going a lot faster. You were saying the other day that you were trying out 140mm forks on the tallboy, are you running them or have you switched back to 120's.