New to Mountain Bikes

MDL

Likes Bikes
Hey,

Just picked a a new bike, just wondering were there are some cross country tracks? I got taken across the easy track on the range but need to practice off raod with rocks and sharp corners.

Anyone know were's a good place to go? Have to work on the uphill sharp corners, when going upto pinic point i couldn't get the corners right and kepted over balancing.

Any tips or anyone know were to practice?

Thanks

MDL

MDL

Likes Bikes
Thanks for that, easy way out, are you able to drive down there and then ride the track? Many people use it?

The one i did started at Prince Henery drive and went across the Highway and ended up at pinic point. Could get the corners going up, that was the hardest thing.

MDL

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi MDL

You can drive to Rollercat via withcott. We have a map posted in this forum somewhere if you do a search you will find it. There are other tracks but are hard to explain where they are. WE are currently building a 6km extension on Rollercat at the moment so it will be much longer over time.

aaron01

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey MDL,
Don't be too hard on yourself, the climb up Picnic Point takes a bit of time to master. If you want to have a look at roolercat give me a bell and I am happy to show you about, just remember to walk before you run.
by the way I would recommend you up the rear shock by 20psi to stiffen the rear end and help in the climbing department.
Aaron

MDL

Likes Bikes
Yeah aaron took me on the other ride. Went fora ride ofter the rain today about 10k's. Not fair just in town but it was mostly up hill so it was a good work out.

How you think i would handle the rollcage, Was going to give the rollcage ago with Ollie if we get get it arranged for tuesday. Need to pratice the turns somehow though. That's pXXXed me off.

MDL

aaron01

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah aaron took me on the other ride. Went fora ride ofter the rain today about 10k's. Not fair just in town but it was mostly up hill so it was a good work out.

How you think i would handle the rollcage, Was going to give the rollcage ago with Ollie if we get get it arranged for tuesday. Need to pratice the turns somehow though. That's pXXXed me off.

MDL
Would leave it a few more weeks Matt, get used to redwood then build up to rollercat, It has some unique trail features that will take a bit of getting used to. Get Ollie to take you down redwood and up Picnic Point see another riders point of view on the same trail.

axertes

Likes Dirt
<hijack>Where do you start and what trail do you follow for Redwood - Picnic Point? Yet to try that one. And what is this rollcage you speak of?</hijack>

Rollercat is fun :D Also, to get to Rollercat you can avoid a lot of the DH track by taking the The Jube Bridle trail from Bridge st., then Tristania, then Sandstone Ridge trails (i.e. avoid being a slow noobish pseudo-XC rider that gets wiped out by DHers, like me). You could probably take Crebra but I haven't been that way yet.