New Specialized Demo 8 I 2014, ride test

Jaredp

Likes Dirt
Wow guys, that downhill bike ripped that XC track good'n'awsome.

....sorry. It's late. That's a little uncalled for.

Well, we are learning, we started this year with our stumpjumpers ( yes we are those that posted the edit with the stumpys ... ) and now we bought our demos .. and we are in our mid forties ..

IMG_7598lt.jpg

Wow guys, that downhill bike ripped that XC track good'n'awsome.

....sorry. It's late. That's a little uncalled for.

Last edited:

MARKL

Eats Squid
Props to anyone beyond their teens learning to ride downhill but as the man from mastercard said...

$8,000 bike, every bit of body armour known to man...no goggles priceless:tsk:

But seriously glad your having fun so get out there and let it rip.

oriion

Likes Dirt
Well done guys, thanks for sharing the footage, to still be riding and enjoying the sport in your mid forties is amazing

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well, we are learning, we started this year with our stumpjumpers ( yes we are those that posted the edit with the stumpys ... ) and now we bought our demos .. and we are in our mid forties ..

View attachment 273309
PUMPED , thats so cool you went to Spain to shred . Were abouts exactly . I went to Barcelona two years ago and loved it but didnt take the bike :< . Cool bits on the edit too .

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Jeez lads, haven't we all become a little snobbish on this forum. Way to go about killing someones stoke for riding their bike.

oriion

Likes Dirt
Jeez lads, haven't we all become a little snobbish on this forum. Way to go about killing someones stoke for riding their bike.

Not all of us mate, there's always going to be sad trolls on any forums, just pity them and forget about them :)

NUMBER5

Likes Dirt
NICE... Looks like heaps of fun

Sadly, the eyes don't work too good once you get to dinasour age.. Goggles is like tryin to see through a fish tank :)

Internet Sam Hills.... :)

PUMPED , thats so cool you went to Spain to shred . Were abouts exactly . I went to Barcelona two years ago and loved it but didnt take the bike :< . Cool bits on the edit too .
We are spanish .. we live in Madrid. I post at rotorburn 'cause I went diving to the great barrier ten years ago and I loved Australia, the country and their people !!
We are learning at La Pinilla Station, a sky resort 100 Km from Madrid that doubles as MTB DH station in summer.
http://www.lapinillabikepark.es/
In Spain there are other MTB bike parks at La Molina ( north west, close to Barcelona ), Sierra Nevada ( South ), La Felanosa (center west by the seaside ) and some other smaller bike parks ....
If you want more info let me know and I will help
Carlos.

Last edited:
Props to anyone beyond their teens learning to ride downhill but as the man from mastercard said...

But seriously glad your having fun so get out there and let it rip.
Why goggles ? I use them to sky as otherwise my eyes water when I descend over 60 Km/h ( may be that happens only at dinosaur age ... ) but with my bike I don't feel I need them .. please help ..

That's why we do it, it's FUN !!!. Thanks for your words ...

Last edited:

MARKL

Eats Squid
Sadly, the eyes don't work too good once you get to dinasour age.. Goggles is like tryin to see through a fish tank :)
I am 42 (for a few days longer) so I am dinosaur age as well!

Why goggles ? I use them to sky as otherwise my eyes water when I descend over 60 Km/h ( may be that happens only at dinosaur age ... ) but with my bike I don't feel I need them .. please help ..

That's why we do it, it's FUN !!!. Thanks for your words ...
Just to protect your eyes in case of dirt, crap etc getting in their at speed. I have a scar on my cornea from taking off my glasses to ride at night and something hit my eye (no idea what it was).

Goggles/glasses doesn't really matter - I wear glasses for most riding and goggles for DH. Goggles just stay on better for DH and keep more crap out. To me eye protection is the next thing after a helmet.

scblack

Leucocholic
I am 42 (for a few days longer) so I am dinosaur age as well!

Just to protect your eyes in case of dirt, crap etc getting in their at speed. I have a scar on my cornea from taking off my glasses to ride at night and something hit my eye (no idea what it was).

Goggles/glasses doesn't really matter - I wear glasses for most riding and goggles for DH. Goggles just stay on better for DH and keep more crap out. To me eye protection is the next thing after a helmet.
Yeh, I'm 43 - meet the dinosaurs!

I could not ride without some sort of eye protection. For DH, these days thats usually sunnies. For road a couple of pairs of replaceable lens sunnies also - for road the eyes dry out too much without good wrap-around lenses. I have not worn goggles for two years now.