DH New Rig (Intense M9)

F1234K

Likes Dirt
photo.jpg

photo (1).jpg

photo (2).jpg

Got her built last night just before 12.
Took some snaps this morning with my phone so not the best.

Mostly took parts from my previous bike, but it has a new handlebar, seatpost, bar ends and tyres.

I need to put my Obtainium coil and bearings on still, but otherwise she is ready to ride :)

To start off I have put the G3 dropouts in the shortest setting and put the 0.5 angle cup in to steepen the head angle a bit and hopefully make the bike playful. Most of my local tracks are not very steep and have a fair few jumps on them so I don't see the need for a very slack head angle.

I might move the dropouts back out again after trying some settings on the weekend.
Everything else is set to middle/default.

New bars are 760 wide which is a bit more than the 745 I was using. Let's see how this goes...

Planning on some new brakes when those delicious new Magura's are on the market :)

m1black

Likes Dirt
Yeahh Boi!!! Looks very bling Jan.

Looking forward to seeing her in the flesh. Ride it now!

jrewing

Eats Squid
Haha. now i see what Woody meant by there'll be another around soon!

Looks shit who'd buy one, especially in that colour...:D.

Nice!

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
I remember somebody writing, Hucksford wasn't for FRO bikes ... you guys are stuffed :)

at least he has some style with some colour, none of this all black shizz like you have ^^

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
looks awesome Jan!! steal those tyres off a monster truck?? LOL

got a weight on that sucker?

Cant wait to see it in person

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bike looks awesome.

I just built up a Blue M9. I have got it set in the middle settings with a 0 cut in the headset and it rides beautifully. Although I will be putting a .5 in to steepen the head angle to see how it goes.

We should start an M9 adjustment thread.

MB

Intense Australia
View attachment 193234

View attachment 193233

View attachment 193232

Got her built last night just before 12.
Took some snaps this morning with my phone so not the best.

Mostly took parts from my previous bike, but it has a new handlebar, seatpost, bar ends and tyres.

I need to put my Obtainium coil and bearings on still, but otherwise she is ready to ride :)

To start off I have put the G3 dropouts in the shortest setting and put the 0.5 angle cup in to steepen the head angle a bit and hopefully make the bike playful. Most of my local tracks are not very steep and have a fair few jumps on them so I don't see the need for a very slack head angle.

I might move the dropouts back out again after trying some settings on the weekend.
Everything else is set to middle/default.

New bars are 760 wide which is a bit more than the 745 I was using. Let's see how this goes...

Planning on some new brakes when those delicious new Magura's are on the market :)
Beautiful!!! What does she weigh?

F1234K

Likes Dirt
Mate, you could get a caveman to do a charcoal sketch of that on a wall, and it would still make me drool... :eek:
LOL!

Beautiful!!! What does she weigh?
About 18.9kgs.
Like Chuckie pointed out I am running rather large tyres (Scwalbe 2.35 rear and 2.5 front which is about the same as 2.5 and 2.7 Maxxis) and my rims are as close to indestructible as they come and thus weigh roughly 820g each. Plus I'm still sporting my original Code brakes till the new Magura's come out. It's a very light bike in my opinion. Other than he brakes I have no plans to make it any lighter.

Had my first rides on the weekend and let me tell you this bike rocks! VPP mmmmm.....
Still have to play around a bit with some settings, but it feels brilliant already.