New Norco Five! Ben Boyko Special Edition

Derek Yates

Soul Rider
Wow,

Check out the new Five, Norco's new Slopestyle bike that they developed with Ben Boyko. I wasn't sure how different it would be to the Six but it's pretty damn sweet and has some cool unique features. I'm not usually a purple fan but I think I'm diggin the paint job!

http://www.nsmb.com/gear/norcofive_02_08.php

Boyko Interview on Pinkbike too:

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/ben-boyko-interview-2008.html

Some exciting things comming for 09 but I can't spill the beans just yet.... ;)

Cheers,

Derek

83AST

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That paint job is pretty sweet and the extra long cables or tailwhips, you dont have to do anything looks nice:)

Stylin

Likes Bikes
I really like that. It looks awesome! I even love the purple paint job.

I could be keen for one of these in '09', I'll certinly be keeping my eye out:)

Ozza

Eats Squid
That things awesome. I just hope norco dont destroy it with some ugly graphics/colours when they bring it out like they have with previous bikes.

Sic

Likes Dirt
Yeah that'll be really handy when im doing tailwhips off the 25 foot slopestyle course in my backyard....

Sorry i must have taken too many jaded pills today.

Bodin

GMBC
Only 5 inches of travel going through a DHXAir? That spells low leverage ratio to me, which spells MASSIVE tunability. That bike's a Foes with a Horst Link - who needs a DW Link?

Very nice.

jda

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I guess its a great bike if you live in whistler or similar, otherwise......

Stylin

Likes Bikes

It's a good point. How many slopestyle events do we have in Aus annually? I'm guessing none to next-to-none. That said it seems pretty versatile and I wonder how light it is?

Could be used as an all mountain/freeride/dirt jump/whatever bike. I just struggle with those 25ft supermans on my current ride;)

Ozza

Eats Squid
..........A wicked all round bike. Seriously.. I personally dont think anyone in Vic needs more than 7" of travel, But we all choose to run more. Air shocks and single crown forks are becoming popular in the downhill scene.

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i strugle to see how these small travel bikes dont bottom out off everything these guys take them off?!

is it all to do with the leverage ratio on the shock?
are they capable of being riding hard, without everything breaking?

i rode a glory at whistler last year, and i seemed to be using a lot of the travel. maybe im just a hack:eek:

DJR

Likes Dirt
Good idea really, this is the way the slopestyle bikes seem to be developing.... which seems to make it more about rider skill than the ability of the bike to absorb a 25ft drop without bucking the rider off. Then again i have a Six one and haven't done a 25ft drop on it yet ;)

Wicked looking bike, looks like a mini '08 six with a real nice paintjob. Shame it can't run a front derailleur, it'd be an awesome do everything bike

S.

ex offender
i strugle to see how these small travel bikes dont bottom out off everything these guys take them off?!

is it all to do with the leverage ratio on the shock?
are they capable of being riding hard, without everything breaking?

i rode a glory at whistler last year, and i seemed to be using a lot of the travel. maybe im just a hack:eek:
They just set them up stiffer. DH bikes run 30-40% sag, if you were dirtjumping one of those things you'd probably run like 10-20% sag.

S.

ex offender
Only 5 inches of travel going through a DHXAir? That spells low leverage ratio to me, which spells MASSIVE tunability. That bike's a Foes with a Horst Link - who needs a DW Link?

Very nice.
Wicked, so we can have all the insensitivity of a Foes super low ratio setup coupled with the relatively poor pedalling performance of most FSR bikes - everyone wins! :cool: