New kid on the block

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
New Australian online bike store with CRC comparable prices, free delivery (over 40 bucks) and lightning fast postage.

ordered some stans notubes yesterday arvo ...got them just now! $70 all in...CRC wanted 66 plus 8 bucks shipping. Now thats how you compete! Now i have a whole evening of getting covered in latex ahead of me...fnarr fnarr!

They have a small range at the mo but it looks well discounted...worth checking before sending money overseas (jeez i cant believe im saying this after all my posts on the subject )

www.2ndCycle.com.au have a look

footnote...in no way affiliated with these people...just sitting at my desk in mild shock that i actually got free next day delivery in Australia.

moorey

call me Mia
Based on a quick look at a few items, it looks like prices are inflated by 30%, then discounted by 40% ......

That said, they have some well priced 650b rims....hmmm

Last edited:

nastylilweed

Likes Dirt
Just had a quick chat to the guys then. They have an online chat link direct to them which is super handy / easy to use.

There range is definitely very limited although if they can source some reasonable parts I am sure they will be reasonably successful.

I would use them even if they can come with 10% of CRC prices...

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Is it Dirt Works? Seems to only have their products. Great to see more Ozzy businesses out there competing.

0psi

Eats Squid
Brands

Dt-Swiss
Ritchey
All-City
Race Face
Hudz
Linus

I'm guessing it's Dirt Works. But seriously who cares it's decent gear at reasonable prices with local support, warranty, etc. works for me.

timpon666

Squid
smells like dirt works

either its dirt works or dirt works is the only supplier that will sell to them. nice prices though Richard and Wayne.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
They're new, they might not have got any other products yet, and have just put all their eggs in the Dirt Works basket for now. No big deal, I'm sure if it's not Dirt Works, they'll be doing other brands when funding permits.

Mammy

Likes Dirt
Just scored a DT Swiss EXC150 15mm thru axle fork for just $327!
$327!
Ordered Thursday, delivered today. Amazing stuff.
Also snatched a 190 rear hub, M1800 wheelset and ZTR hoops.
I'm shaking like a coconut.

captainmorgan

Likes Dirt
Hope you guys don't mind about a free plug.
I've just set up a new online store www.blackdust.com.au.
I'm selling MacMahone products, which is top quality stuff. I'm in the process of developing a bike configurator, allowing people to build their own bikes and all parts (except the frame) will be dirt cheap. I'm still in discussions with the supplier over what products to offer for bike builds and prices.
I'm also aiming to get fully built Killmeister DH bikes for sale at around (hopefully under) the $5K mark. These would be speced with X0/Avid drivetrain and brakes, MacMahone parts and Boxxer world cups. I'm also tossing up whether or not to offer pre-order specials.
If you are interested in viewing the products, SuperCycle in Watsonia has some on display.

Mammy

Likes Dirt
Brands

Dt-Swiss
Ritchey
All-City
Race Face
Hudz
Linus

I'm guessing it's Dirt Works. But seriously who cares it's decent gear at reasonable prices with local support, warranty, etc. works for me.
Yep, my boxes were all labelled with Dirt Works stuff.

spoozbucket

Likes Dirt
So is it Dirt Works? Stock still seems the be the same, they say they will sell to stores so why would they do that if it is DW?

Some of those prices are cheaper than the normal DW wholesale price, wonder how that works?

spoozbucket

Likes Dirt
No one knows? I heard a rumour that the business was under the name of the wife of the DW owner, if that's the case I'd prefer to send my money to CRC.

Anyone know how to find business owners names? I'm not all that computer savvy.