New frame options (I'm lost and picky)

lebronmtb

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi all,

this thread isnt to ask about geo, size, i know what i want in a frame and i know what size etc i want, the thing is there arent many frames i can think of that fit this criteria so i hope you guys can help me. Heres what i want

XC Frame
17" seat tube (give or take)
V-Brake mounts (are a must)
needs to be relatively light
1/18th steerer
dropouts, not really fussed but preffer vertical

thanks in advance

partyanimal

Likes Bikes
i have a question: why r u going for v's when some of the high-end discs are actually a bit lighter? and u get more power out of them?

i think i saw a 17" giant xtc in a shop recently.

partyanimal

lebronmtb

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i have a question: why r u going for v's when some of the high-end discs are actually a bit lighter? and u get more power out of them?

i think i saw a 17" giant xtc in a shop recently.

partyanimal
I'm going v-brakes because their cheaper, lighter (dont know what disc brake is lighter but it would cost alot) also i can buy xtr non disc hubs for cheap also to match my xtr brakes, a good v brake set up well will own any mechanical disc and come close to some hydro's anyway

to rcoh, i have looked at that and its one of my options at the moment, the only thing holding me back is the price

lebronmtb

Likes Bikes and Dirt
1x1 is either 699 or 799rrp

mod edit--- umm, ok- you can keep that to yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

t

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mabey give Groupe Sportif a call, se if they have a Unit or an Explosif frame.

topher

Likes Dirt
Salsa ala carte...reynolds 853 tubing v brake mounts would be a killer ride. vertical drop outs though.

You could also try and find a Salsa Juan Solo frame although im pretty sure they stop production.

On One frames? i think the xc are the inbred? correct me if im wrong

Dmr Switch back, v brake mounts, vertical dropouts though. (dmrs more xc styled frame, they ride well)