*NEW!* Bunyip BMX track. Holy Hell.

Science

Likes Dirt
There is a new BMX Track being built at the bunyip sanctuary.

When i heard about this, i thought, oh yeah, just a little track for the kids to ride at.
How wrong was i.

I took a peak at what was happening at the site today. The bulldozers and excivators have certainly been busy, with a massive starting ramp, a couple of monster jumps and a massive berm taking shape.
And god i hope these first 2 mounds are singles, couse thats gotta ba a 30ft gap.

Should be interesting to see it done, but i have no idea how many people it will attract.

And i don't know if this is going to be a skate bowl or a dam.

Fusion

Likes Dirt
Sweet! I've just moved back to Bunyip late last year and this happens!

I'm excited, I'm going to ride down there now and check it out!

Fusion

Likes Dirt
Ok guys, there has been a bit of a backlash against the jumps by a vocal minority of residents in the local area. So much so that Council is now requesting that the jumps be reduced in size. Not only that, but the local paper has sided with this small minority group and is giving them plenty of support.

This is unacceptable!

Perhaps we need to get a group together and show a bit of solidarity? I would be fine with meeting with the residents opposed to the jumps. Send me a PM if you're keen to see these jumps remain true to the original plans.

rhysrhysbaby

Eats Squid
Ok guys, there has been a bit of a backlash against the jumps by a vocal minority of residents in the local area. So much so that Council is now requesting that the jumps be reduced in size. Not only that, but the local paper has sided with this small minority group and is giving them plenty of support.

This is unacceptable!

Perhaps we need to get a group together and show a bit of solidarity? I would be fine with meeting with the residents opposed to the jumps. Send me a PM if you're keen to see these jumps remain true to the original plans.
Got any scans or links to articles etc? Im keen for a read.

jake421

Squid
yerr its pretty sweet i have riddin it recently i have herd they are taking it down because people have complained it is too dangerous

Belle

Eats Squid
bastards!

we would have lights on at our park but some shitty people complained.

also, that smirk is fucked.

Last edited:

jono_69_9

Likes Bikes
Lights at parks would be great,
Make it safer and be able to ride into the darkness. I personally believe that all skateparks should be fitted with lights.