New Bike

chubsey

Squid
I signed up to this site almost 4 years ago and only ever made a few posts...ended up spending $200 on a Kmart bike but am nowlooking to buy something more decent now seeing as it has buckled wheels and likes to jump out of gears every now and then!
My riding is split 50/50 between firetrail/bush path rides and riding round newcastle foreshore etc with the GF. Ill be moving closer to work soon so i will be able to ride more both to work and at Glenrock (Newcastle, NSW).

Ive started looking at new bikes at LBS's and surprisingly they all have a bike perfectly suited to me! Been suggested a Avanti Montari, Giant Talon, Marin Madrone and Trek 3900. Hard to cut through all the sales BS...all i want is a bike that I can ride for fun on some trails with suspension then ride to the shops/work/foreshore as well. I think im chasing something with a lockout or rebound adjustment on the front suspension?
Looking to spend $600 max new or less for a 2nd hand bike. Ive looked for second hand bikes on here, ebay, gumtree, bikeexchange to no aval. Seems the 2nd hand market starts around $1000 which i cant justify spending.

If anyone could suggest which model would be best suited as a sub $600 bike it would be greatly appreciated!

anyone?

:distress:
g'day, I am as new as they come.. and i havent even bought a bike... so i wont give you any bike choice ideas... but during my search i have come across a couple of norco 6's that were priced at 600.00..

they are more of an all mountain bike ( i was told with less travel on the suspension ) but that may suit you?? also chuck some offers about, you never know what you may get..

chris

chubsey

Squid
g'day, I am as new as they come.. and i havent even bought a bike... so i wont give you any bike choice ideas... but during my search i have come across a couple of norco 6's that were priced at 600.00..

they are more of an all mountain bike ( i was told with less travel on the suspension ) but that may suit you?? also chuck some offers about, you never know what you may get..

chris
thanks mate but its located in melbourne. also i think thats not really the style of bike im after.

cheers.

SilverSP

Likes Bikes
If youre up for it and depending on how much work you want to do to them as well as their are some cheaper bikes out there but some needing work to bring them up to scratch.
I wanted a new bike but the missus shot that down as I wanted to spend around $2K

I brought a 08 Teocali off Ebay in Jan for $630 instead which overall was in ok condition but needed some work in some areas which most has been done now.
I've spent another $450 odd on a new chain/cassette and XT brakes front and rear and did the work myself.

Actually I'm really happy with the bike as it has taught me how to spanner it up not to mention the fun I have with it as well.
So much more satisfying doing it myself too,

Maybe a thought?