New bike dilemma

Ok so for the last month I have been trying to get my paws on a 2015 trek slash to demo or at the very least sit on. Local shop said they don't have one in their fleet and it's hard to get a hold of one. I was hoping a demo day would pop up before Christmas and then bang the omv and manly dam days dates were released. With great dissapointment they fell on last weekend when I was not in Sydney! :frusty:

I contacted trek to ask when the next demo days would be and they have told me next year they also mentioned that no shop has one to demo and apologize for the bad news. This bring me to the issue I have of not being able to test a bike that has a 5k price tag and being able to see if it is what I want to buy and upgrade from my remedy to.

Has anybody had the chance to ride this unicorn? I am wanting to recieve feedback and compare it to the reign and enduro 650b as this is my list of options. The remedy I currently have is a 2012 and I love how it rides but want something in 160mm that can be abused and aggressive without losing too much more peddling ability.

Does anybody have a 2014 slash in a 17.5(16.5) frame that I could possibly ride for 30min at least? I could compensate you with beer??

Sorry for long ass post