Need Help changing Fork seals on my boxxers.

bak3zz

Likes Bikes
Hi, i have never changed fork seals before, and i was wondering if i could get some help!
I have 2008 boxxer teams and after compression there is fork oil on my stancions, not alot of oil but i know it cant be a good thing.. I was wondering if someone could give me some advice, or straight out intructions on how to change the fork seals, that would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Corey.

T-Rex

Template denier
Grab yourself a user manual or service guide from the SRAM web site:

http://www.sram.com/en/service/rockshox/view.php?catID=1&subcatID=1

And do a search on Youtube, there are plenty of videos on there of fork servicing. Best if you can find one by the bald SRAM tech guy, there's one of him working on a 2010 fork, not sure about earlier models, but the basic principals are the same.

Changing seals and oil is pretty straightforward if you have moderate machanical skills. If not, follow Mercblue's advice.

bak3zz

Likes Bikes
!!!

Thanks for the advice both of you, this will help me alot!
And Merc the bike is f*&&ing amazing, it handles the corners so well, i still feal abit stiff jumping it but i will get there ! ;)

Nautonier

Eats Squid
My Boxxers were leaking oil and after looking at the manual and taking the lowers off I found that all I needed to do was clean the grit and crap out from around the seals to solve the problem. I had replacement seals to put in there but didn't end up using them. The only thing you need to do the job is some basic tools and about 60ml of 15wt suspension fluid.

Does anyone know where you can buy 15wt at a reasonable price?