Need help buying a DH bike.

McRae200008

Likes Bikes
Ok I have three possible decisions of DH bikes.

Im looking at these three bikes:
- 2011 Norco team dh (Black)
- 2011 Giant Glory 00 (Non stock parts - running world cup forks and rear vivid 5 shock)
- 2011 Evil revolt running 2010 world cups, DHX RC4 rear shock.

They are all around the same price im looking to buy them from second hand, anyone have any advice on which one would be better? Or are they all pretty similar.

Cheers Farkens!

rone

Eats Squid
Evils have a reputation for cracking. Norco is as ugly as a builders elbow. If it checks out, get the Giant.

Korune

Likes Dirt
Norco

Evils are sick, but have a reputation for cracking...

Every man and his dog has a glory, and to be honest there not really that good... yes they have good parts/good value for money but imo the geometry is way off...

Norco's ride really nice and in I actually really like how the 2011 ones looked... (I ride one though, so I am a bit bias)

My advice is get the Norco...

allan.taylor64

Likes Dirt
Tell us your budget and we might be able to help you more. I reckon get the glory, even if everyone has one, they're still a fantastic bike!

Yippee_Ki_YayMF

Likes Dirt
Tell us your budget and we might be able to help you more. I reckon get the glory, even if everyone has one, they're still a fantastic bike!
He said they are the same price so asking his budget is mute point.

Put an angleset on a Glory and it's a great ride. I haven't ridden the other bikes, but I can say the Glory is good, and easy to sell later if you want. The overall package is quite sound and the suspension is proven.

Everyone has different tastes though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i ride a giant glory 2011 00!! it is amazing it handles every thing you wont it to!! great bike to get!!!!
i would go for the giant!!!

allan.taylor64

Likes Dirt
He said they are the same price so asking his budget is mute point.

Put an angleset on a Glory and it's a great ride. I haven't ridden the other bikes, but I can say the Glory is good, and easy to sell later if you want. The overall package is quite sound and the suspension is proven.

Everyone has different tastes though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My point was their may be more bikes at the same budget that he may not know about.

TODDZILLA

Squid
V 10

Buy my Rennie V 10, great bike but after 3 yrs need a change.

PM me for details.

ToddZilla.

:distrust::distrust::distrust::fox::fox::fox:

P.S. Ihave been here a long time just under HamaNinjA. Can't get it to work so created a new Name....

Korune

Likes Dirt
Put an angleset on a Glory and it's a great ride.
hadn't thought of that... that would probably fix my issues about the glory's geometry...

I still stand by the norco but without knowing what you prefer in a bike (geo wise) it is hard to tell... the only negative about the norco if you do decide to go for one is the weight... I built mine from the frame up, and it's sub 17kg (just) but stock they are on the heavy side of things (I think just over 18 kg)

JanGG

Likes Dirt
+1 for telling us your budget, it would be very helpful to know

Why not buy a 2012 aurum 1 instead of a 2011 team dh? Probably similar price to it and the new frame design they have is amazing to ride.