ne dj bike

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
the DB and mongoose are similar in spec and sell for about $1799. I believe the chase 3 is around the 2000 and the chase 2 is 2500 or something like that.

damn mongoose have boosted the price on the tirual over the last few years!! but cleary there has been a few upgrades since the first one that had RST gillas...

barkdawg

Likes Dirt
yeh the rituial is now there full on jump/street bike coming with jump waranty etc. where the fireball has been downspec'd and is now called urban. the spec of the ritual is quite good, there is 2 models 1 @ 899 and one at like 1400 or thereabouts.

sawtell

yeh the rituial is now there full on jump/street bike coming with jump waranty etc. where the fireball has been downspec'd and is now called urban. the spec of the ritual is quite good, there is 2 models 1 @ 899 and one at like 1400 or thereabouts.
do you actually know the price? or are you just makin it up? as you just said the DB and the mongoose are both around $1799... big difference between $1799, and $1400. ???

where are you gettin the prices from? a good source, or just rumor's? as i am actually very interested in knowing.

barkdawg

Likes Dirt
got the price from lbs. there is no catalogues yet and nothing on the website they said it would be available shortly.
i got a bit messed up with the prices in the first post sorry. but the mongoose is definately around the 1400 mark. i can go back down there today and get the spec and post it up.

barkdawg

Likes Dirt
here is the spec on the DB pictured in earlier post.

Full Double Butted Cromoly Frame, Mid BB, Intergrated headset, SS.
Rock Shox Argyle Forks, 100mm, 20mm axle
Truvativ Bars & Stem
Avid Juicy 3 brakes, 6" rotors
KMC superlite kool chain
48 spline hollow cromo cranks
Odyssey Vermont 28t sprocket
13t Cassette hub, SB, 20mm axle SB f hub
Odyssey pedals
Sun MTX rims

sells for 1799 in this spec, or a slightly lower spec for 1435.

barkdawg

Likes Dirt
here is pic and spec on the mongoose ritual.

4130 cromoly butted frame
Marzocchi DJ 2, 100mm, 20mm axle
FSA Moto X cranks,36t w/ bash guard
Sram X-7 r derailleur
Sram X-5 shifter
Sealed Bearning hubs, 20mm F
Hayes Stroker hydraulic brakes, 6" rotors
SDG I beam seat and pole
MRP chain keeper

This will sell for 1399 in that spec. lower spec is also available.

Attachments

Luke...

Squid
Looks like you've got a decision to make between;

Cromo and gears - Mongoose Ritual
Alloy and Gears - Cannondale Chase 1-3
Alloy and ss - Cannondale Chase 4
Cromo and ss - Diamondback MG

sawtell

ritual looks alright for the price.. but youd have to add 2 bucks for a can of aussie export to get rid if that shit house paint colour.

bbrz4

Likes Bikes
why not just build up a frame for that price like a dobermann pinscher or blkmrtkt MOB.

-STP1
-p2
-p3

wtp-addict

Likes Dirt
Check this out...
haha my mate has this bike at the moment but he just got a new one exactly the same but with a few diffrent characteristics as he is a test rider for DB....in the catalouges he is in them riding that bike

Really nice though

sawtell

why not just build up a frame for that price like a dobermann pinscher or blkmrtkt MOB.

ok then so he is looking at bikes in the 1400-2000 range.

to build up a blkmrtkt your looking at 900+ for frame, 400+ for wheels, 400+ for forks, 250+ for cranks. 250+ for brakes. 150+ for bar and stem.

and atleast another 350 for othe rbits and pieces like tires, tubes, grips, pedals, chain, sproket/cogs.

but yes you could build up a second hand bike for cheap.. but you cant compare second hand bike prices to a new bike price....