Nathan Rennie - Some Facts

Adamski

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rennie doesn't REQUIRE a 10 inch bike. Also Santa Cruz must've thrown him more money that Iron Horse in the year after he won the World Cup overall. Once on Santa Cruz he never really ripped it like he did that year. Career may have been different if he'd stayed with Sam on Iron Horse.

Lets just wish him well guys. Downhill needs more big angry flat pedal riders. Kovarik did a similar thing by leaving MS Intense. Happier surrounds at CRC Intense and he is getting the results he deserves and is gonna be further up next year...just my thoughts.

Good luck Rennie. You're brilliant mate. I've been meaning to steal a 'Rennies Lane' road sign that I drive past sometimes and send it him. :p

spoony

Likes Dirt
Fact #1 - Nathan Rennie is no longer a member of the Santa Cruz Syndicate.

Fact #2 - This is because, whilst in his cups, Nathan was a little too free about sharing his feelings with Syndicate management regarding what he viewed as unfavourable treatment of himself by the Syndicate in favour of Greg Minaar.

Fact #3 - Nathan does have a ride lined up for next year. My source does not yet know who that is. His source does, but is not yet at liberty to share that information.
Fact #4

apparently if u drink nathan rennie sweat there is a 400% increase in pinning it.
10char

chu

Likes Bikes and Dirt
He wasn't kicked off the team... He was offered less money for this season and he decided to put some feelers out. If he has left Santa Cruz, its because he was offered more money elsewhere...
Where do you get all this information from. Your an information giving machine.

So who is going down to Torquay because I am going there for a couple of weeks over summer holidays?

kezzaM

Likes Dirt
So will Rennie still be riding Santa Cruz at Illinbah this coming weekend? :confused:

Or will we see him on another bike? :)

smytht1

Likes Dirt
Fact #1 - Nathan Rennie is no longer a member of the Santa Cruz Syndicate.

Fact #2 - This is because, whilst in his cups, Nathan was a little too free about sharing his feelings with Syndicate management regarding what he viewed as unfavourable treatment of himself by the Syndicate in favour of Greg Minaar.

Fact #3 - Nathan does have a ride lined up for next year. My source does not yet know who that is. His source does, but is not yet at liberty to share that information.

Bonus Tidbit - people in the Torquay area should keep their eyes open for some famous faces in upcoming months. Things are going to be Happening.

That is all.
Who the shit told you this, you do realise that last week there were only a handfull of people who knew about it and now you go spill all of this shit on farkin. GREAT WORK

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Who the shit told you this, you do realise that last week there were only a handfull of people who knew about it and now you go spill all of this shit on farkin. GREAT WORK
You should see some of the stuff I haven't posted!

smytht1

Likes Dirt
You should see some of the stuff I haven't posted!
Then don't post it otherwise people will not trust you. This was only known to something like 4 people at the end of the week before last. Many people know shit but we don't go around posting it on farkin before there is a press release.

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This was internet rumour straight after Interbike where the incident between Rennie and Roskopp (sp) was said to have taken place. I thought more people knew about it ?
:confused:

Tazed

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I doubt a bunch of blabber on Farkin will affect anything.
This site's not that important, much as I love it, and despite where it travels too on the interwebs, it all remains rumours, conjecture and irrelevant if it's a done deal...
So keep the goss coming, I say. You can't buy publicity like this.

chu

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Then don't post it otherwise people will not trust you. This was only known to something like 4 people at the end of the week before last. Many people know shit but we don't go around posting it on farkin before there is a press release.
Why should you be able to know and not anyone else?

Edit: Just read through the whole thread. Press releases. Got it:p

Last edited:

Gripo

Eats Squid
surprise, surprise???

It surprises me that others are surprised of the impending change.

No secret that this was a make or break one for him............

spoony

Likes Dirt
This site's not that important
Somebody doesn't want to put down their 800th post

But I see where your coming from, but everything gets magnified ten-fold. If the original post had at all hinted towards Giant (or any other manufacturer for that matter) it would have been like "OmFg tat big ranga dude is liek full shizzing off the crew with the V-10 go pedal a giant around"

EVERYTHING gets blown out of preportion to some extent.

stevenw

Pro Rider
So will Rennie still be riding Santa Cruz at Illinbah this coming weekend? :confused:

Or will we see him on another bike? :)
Rennie isn't racing at Illinbah this weekend. He will be there watching but he's just had surgery on his knee.